Traveling to Houston area, need advice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cindylee

Hello folks,

Haven't been on in some time. Life! We are traveling to Houston/ Galveston at the end of March. Looking for any local knowledge on must visit wood turning or woodworking stores or wood sources. We are driving so I can bring back some goodies.

Thanks in advance,

Cin...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cindylee

Thank you!

Thank you gentlemen.

I used to work for woodcraft here in Fl and I don't support them unless I absolutely have to so that doesn't interest me. They really treated my boss (franchise owner) like crap.

The others sound like interesting prospects.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
We are planning a meetin g of the Houston area members on Saturday, March 28 at my place in Pearland (I'm just south of Hobby airport). You're more than welcome to join us.

Cindylee

We are planning a meetin g of the Houston area members on Saturday, March 28 at my place in Pearland (I'm just south of Hobby airport). You're more than welcome to join us.

Thank you Mannie. I will have to run that one through congress if you know what I mean. If I get the ok I would love to meet you guys.

When I go somewhere I always try to check out the wood sources hoping to find something I can't get in South Florida. Talk about addicted to woodworking. TX has lots of choices that you guys might take for granted, but we can't easily get. Well other than Palm and a few fruit trees we are not known for our abundance of trees are we?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Cindy,
Check out Larry Stahl in Katy... don't know if he has a store or not, but
might be something worthwhile for you.

Texas Woodcrafts - Wood, Lumber, Turning Blanks For Sale

Pretty sure he doesn't have a store for either his wood or his finished products. I've ordered from him a few times & I was well pleased with quality & service.

It wouldn't hurt to email or call him to see if it would be possible to stop by his shop in person.

Top Bottom