Tool ID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavidSpavin

Any one a clue what this tool could be fore, it was found in an old box of chisels.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Tool.jpg
    Tool.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

With the offset handle I would say it's not a turning tool . I would say more like a Dado chisel for cleaning the bottom of a Dado or a Grout cleaning tool for tile work .

KenV

Likely a scraper such as a stock maker or lutier would use for fine fitting.

If it had a sharp edge, it would be a "dog leg chisel" or offset chisel. The blunt but beveled edge suggests the scraper use.

Not a lath tool --

snyiper

Looks like a packing iron Plumbers used when doing lead joints. Theses were used to tamp the lead down tight in the joint so the oakum would not bush out when wet.

RAdams

Banned
A midevil rectal thermometer?

Michael Strahan's toothpick?

I can tell you with certainty that it is not for cleaning grout joints, and if that IS what it was used for originally, That would explain why it was in a box of chisels. It would be useless for grout removal. Probably a good tile edge chipper though!

kludge77

I don't know it's original purpose, but if it showed up in my shop I would turn it on it's side and make a scraper out of it.

OR match it to the angle of my chuck jaws as a dovetailing tool. As turners we can be resourceful! (or cheap whichever sounds better to you!)

ctubbs

I don't know it's original purpose, but if it showed up in my shop I would turn it on it's side and make a scraper out of it.

OR match it to the angle of my chuck jaws as a dovetailing tool. As turners we can be resourceful! (or cheap whichever sounds better to you!)

I like resourcefully cheep!:wink:
Charles

Top Bottom