My SECRET Weapon / science nerds?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Alot of times, I read posts like: How do you cut brass tubes? Or How do you clean the monkey snot from the inside of the tube? etc. etc.

I know everyone has alot of cool sources for tools that are used to make pens, and here is mine. Dirt cheap, AMAZING SELECTION, decent quality, and excellent service, and the smiles are awesome too!

This one website can cure both of the issues above, and a bunch more pen making "troubleshooting" tools.

They also have alot of really sweet scientific toys, models, kits, machines, etc. etc. If you have a young loved one that is into anything scientific, you can find it here! I drool for hours over their website.

Check it out!!

http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm/go/front.tagged/tag/tools/start/1/maxrows/11/srch.fp/1

PS. I am in no way affiliated with this company. I am simply a Science nerd, loyal customer, and huge fan of their inventory.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ron, You think their website is cool? You should be like me and be lucky enough to be close to their physical store... You'd be AMAZED at what you walk out of there with if your not careful!

:)

RAdams

Banned
For those who might be reluctant to take my word. Let me give some examples.

Metal "razor" saw $9.95

dental picks (3) $3.95

needle files (5 1/2" long, 10 misc shapes) $3.99

disposable scalpels (3) $3.00

diamond point bits (rotary tool type- two sizes 10 or 20 assorted shapes) $7.50

4 way chuck key $2.25

Chinese Riffler files (10) $7.95

watch spanner wrench (for popping watch backs with speed and ease... hint hint Gary) $6.25

watch battery kit (watch tool set) $12.95

hardened dental tools (3) $6.00

You get the idea. That is the first page and a half. (I wanted to list the juicy stuff till i hit the watch tools.

RAdams

Banned
Ron, You think their website is cool? You should be like me and be lucky enough to be close to their physical store... You'd be AMAZED at what you walk out of there with if your not careful!

THEY HAVE A STOREFRONT???????

Is it as cool as it is in my imagination? I think i know where my next vacation will be!

gr8danish

Haha, yeah, there's a storefront not to far away from me here in Chicago.

That place is evil if you're not careful. There have been several occasions where I've left my wallet there with the cashier ;)

PR_Princess

LOL and once you get the cool stuff home you wonder what the heck YOU are really going to do with it! :biggrin:

AS&S is also one of my favourite haunts! And the stores have lots of neat stuff that never quite make the catalog...

aggromere

When I lived in chicago I would go to the store there or in Milwaukee and get weird stuff for my boys when they were 12 or so. They loved some of the stuff I would get. Never thought about getting actual useful stuff from them, thanks for the link.

alphageek

Former Moderator

Is it as cool as it is in my imagination? I think i know where my next vacation will be!

Ron... Never, and I do mean NEVER have I wished more that I could have seen a reaction in person than what you posted.

And yah - its a cool place!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader

And I live a lot closer than either Ed or Dean.

RAdams

Banned
WOO HOO!!!!!

Yeah, I about jumped out of my seat when i read about the store... Then i clicked on the link Ed provided (Thanks Ed!!!) and noticed that they have two stores in the Chicago area. My wife is from Oak Forest, and her parents still live there.

Funny this should come up. I placed my first order with them last week.

I bought glass test tubes for making bud vases or weed pots. Best price I could find.

I spent a lot of time looking over there site and it is fantastic.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Tease for Ron

Here's a tease. You should see the inside.

Attachments

• 102500_1732[00].jpg
    102500_1732[00].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 102500_1733[00].jpg
    102500_1733[00].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 162

RAdams

Banned
That would be my dream job. I would work, and just sign them my paycheck right back over. Based on the website alone, I can only imagine what the inside of the store looks like. Call me juvenile, stupid, whatever.... A trip to one of their stores in pretty high on my bucket list!

Top Bottom