Tool Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Evelyn and I went to Woodcraft today and she got my Birthday gifts.

Rikon 8" Slow Speed Grinder :biggrin:

Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig :biggrin:

Oneway Wolverine Vari-grind 2 :biggrin:

SawDustBros Grinder Base (It's all set up to use my grinder with the wolverine all I need is the bolts and screws) :biggrin:

I'm so blessed to have such a great wife who supports my hobby or should I say hobbies since she has gotten me most of the tools in my shop and she has come up with most of the major projects I have done lover the years.

I'm going to use my router table as my stand at least for the time being. Now I can add some HSS turning tools to my collection and start doing some other projects. Once I get things set up I'll post some pictures.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Hmmmm....you are spending so much time looking at your great supportive wife that you didn't notice what forum you were posing in....unless your are proposing a new contest for tool gloats.

If you are proposing a new tool gloat contest, then hold off until the contest starts. You can find the rules for the new contest contest here:

New Contest Contest Ruies - Check Them Out

Ed

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments, Glen I do my very best to take care of her. Ed your right looking at Evelyn is really distracting....I have a hard time doing and thing else. Mitch I'll post a picture of the base tomorrow after the batteries in my camera are charged.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Here is the picture of the base. I guess I should have said that the company that made the base no longer makes them and I'm not sure they are still in business. I found them on Facebook but not their website. I got the one on display. Both Heather and Bill at the Norfolk VA Woodcraft said they wish they could still get them as they thought it was really good. It has rubber feet on the bottom at T-nut to screw the Wolverine base to.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 148

Fay Prozora

Wish I could find some thing like that base too. But I will set mine up today. I will be going to my shop which is at Sis's house and my tools and lathe and stuff is over there. I got the wolverine and vari-grind for Christmas too. Looking forward to getting it all set up... Fay

KBs Pensnmore

Here is the picture of the base. I guess I should have said that the company that made the base no longer makes them and I'm not sure they are still in business. I found them on Facebook but not their website. I got the one on display. Both Heather and Bill at the Norfolk VA Woodcraft said they wish they could still get them as they thought it was really good. It has rubber feet on the bottom at T-nut to screw the Wolverine base to.

You'll definitely have to look after the good lady, any one who supports your hobby is a keeper in my book.
Looks like a good opportunity for someone to make a few dollars on the side. Looks like they are made from 3/4" MDF board.
Kryn

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Well folks here is my newest toy all set up and ready to go. I had to make a couple of trips to the hardware store as I kept getting the wrong size nuts and screws. I really like the wolverine jig, I used it to put a fresh edge on a roughing gouge a member here sent me and wow was jig easy to setup and use. I think the dislike I had with sharpening will go away now.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 161

Fay Prozora

Mine is all set up too and I love it. I need to fasten down the grinder as it wants to move when I sharpen a tool. Not sure what type of bolts to use for that. Will post my pictures when I get back home. Fay

Top Bottom