Three More Segmented RM Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Cut and glued and sanded these yesterday and applied finish today.
All are 8.5" diameter.

403976148.jpg

Here they are pictured separately.
This one is Cherry and Yellow-heart . Sorry, it is out of focus but I was too lazy to re-do it.

403976146.jpg

Next is Maple and Walnut.

403976147.jpg

And finally one made from a nicely figured piece of Cherry.

403976150.jpg

This one might show the figuring in the Cherry better but the picture sure doesn't do it justice compared to holding it in the hand .

403976149.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shull

Very nice bowls. My favorite is the Cherry followed by walnut and maple. Looks like pretty good wall thickness, not too thick and not too thin but just right...hmmmm sounds oddly familiar :wink:

W.Y.

Very nice bowls. My favorite is the Cherry followed by walnut and maple. Looks like pretty good wall thickness, not too thick and not too thin but just right...hmmmm sounds oddly familiar :wink:

On a few sites I posted the same message , (including my own site first of course:tongue:) , the ovewhwelming response was in favor of the cherry one. It is also my favorite one. .
Not too thick and not too thin ? For sure that is a matter of preference but they are approx 3/16" thick walls and I have never had a complaint one way or the other when displaying them for sale.
These three will be in the $29.95 to $39.95 each category.

Last edited:

el_d

Very cool William.

I like the walnut bowl, Im partial to the look of walnut and purpleheart.

I really got to save up some money for this RM bowl cutter. They look great.

rsjimenez

William,

I really like the one with walnut and maple. I have been checking the website everyday to see if you posted any more bowls.

I should get my RM tomorrow and I can't wait.

The Penguin

William,

I really like the one with walnut and maple. I have been checking the website everyday to see if you posted any more bowls.

I should get my RM tomorrow and I can't wait.

God help us! :eek:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

William - I really think you should be charging more for your bowls...but that's just my opinion.

W.Y.

William - I really think you should be charging more for your bowls...but that's just my opinion.

I will definitely be charging more than the I did for the first 30 I sold in a 4 hour sale that wasn't even a craft sale setting. It was just a fun day of lawn bowling with turnips and some other games on a Sunday afternoon in a one horse village setting. . Many of them were my practice pieces from when I first got the RM.
Still hard to get any more than about $39.00 for any craft items in my area although I do have a few priced at $49.00.
$15.00 to $25.00 items are always the bulk of sales around here and just one bowl pays for the table and space . There are no hardware kits to buy along with the added postage and when scrounging for wood , there is often no expense for that either . Any scraps of any width up to and including 12" long can be laminated and turned into some very well accepted bowls. After that it's just the fun of turning them from small flat boards and selling them and of course giving lots away as gifts to friends and relaives.

After receiving so many requests to do so , I just now spent a few hours searching for all RM threads and messages in my own site and made a new board named "Ringmaster Lathe Turning" and transferred them all in it so now when some of my members want to look for RM threads they don't have to search all through the regular Turning board and the Segmented Turning board to find them. They are all in one place now under a single category.

alphageek

Former Moderator
After receiving so many requests to do so , I just now spent a few hours searching for all RM threads and messages in my own site and made a new board named "Ringmaster Lathe Turning" and transferred them all in it so now when some of my members want to look for RM threads they don't have to search all through the regular Turning board and the Segmented Turning board to find them. They are all in one place now under a single category.

Awesome!! I'm going to have to go look!

Top Bottom