Thought I'd try this, just to see if I could do it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

A couple of scraps of Dawn's pr and the half of a green metallic blank that I didn't blow up trying to drill for a jr gent cap. Comments, suggestions, and whatnot welcome. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• razor2.jpg
    razor2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 241
  • razor1.jpg
    razor1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 199

ctubbs

James, that is a good looking razor, however, I have enough trouble with 3 blades removing parts of my face, I sure don't need five.:beat-up::wink::biggrin: You do have a fine razor. Where did you buy the kit, or is it one from a store with your mods? There are many looking for the kits here.
Charles

jskeen

Charles; I got mailed this one at least a year ago as a trial, when the style first came out. Tried it and didn't like it that much either. I wear a short beard and just use a razor to trim around the edges every week or so. Fixed blade razors don't tend to deal with stubble that long very well. Only one I have ever found that does is the old Gillette sensor, because the blades are spring mounted.

Anyway, I ran across this one in a box of stuff a while ago and decided to see if I could mod it. The frame on this old one is a pot metal casting with plastic inserts, so I could turn it down to a snug fit in a 7mm tube. the hardest part was the little parabolic section at the top front of the handle. Had to do that by hand. I looked over all the ones for sale and they all look like the sellers are doing pretty much the same thing, and some of them looked like they may have just left that inlet empty, and others look like the sellers found/made a little chrome button and collar to handle that transition. All in all, without that custom collar/button I would not want to make any more of these. With that, it would be a snap, as I've already got the drive jig for the headstock and live center jig made.

Top Bottom