This isn't what we need.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Yesterday 74F We do not need this we need what you back easters are getting. Rain in almost normal be no snow in the Sierras so no run off for the summer bad news. Uncovered Patio Furniture and got out pads and Umbrellas washed the patio off and had lunch outside first time this year. Picture from shop deck to patio and from patio to shop. The plant and trees are starting to get bud and bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jewellmd

Here in Michigan, it hovered between single digits & minus single digits yesterday and today. Wind chills pulled that to -12 to -20F. Along the east coast, they have more snow than what they know to do with.

tbroye

I cut it Friday. It looks taller that it really is. I keep a little longer than many people it just looks better and doesn't dry out. Due to the drought thats is all the grass we are keeping going the side and front yards are on their own except for shrubs and plants. They are on a drip system and timers all the other zones are turned off. Right now the whole system is off because of rain a week ago.

Charlie_W

Little chilly here in Virginia this morning. Just a little snow last night but most of it blew away. More coming tomorrow night!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 150

firewhatfire

I dont even know what your taking about:biggrin:. I cannot think of a good reason to make me want my grass to grow faster. Already have to cut grass from Feb-Nov. and dont like that.

Charlie you left the door open.....come get your cold air and take it back home with you.

I cut it Friday. It looks taller that it really is. I keep a little longer than many people it just looks better and doesn't dry out. Due to the drought thats is all the grass we are keeping going the side and front yards are on their own except for shrubs and plants. They are on a drip system and timers all the other zones are turned off. Right now the whole system is off because of rain a week ago.

NittanyLion

I'll take some of that. Cold last night....even colder tonight. Even at midday, it's -1 in central PA. I do not remember temps of -13(actual) overnights, with windchill in the -30's. All the more reason I'm retiring to Florida in 5 years.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 130

pesto126

Another 10 inches of snow here.. brings our total to over 90 inches in 21 days... and I'm SURE there will still be a water ban come July!!!

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Now that's what I call a great living set-up. 6 Months (the spring and summer ones) in Alpena and six Months in Florida during the yuck-o season here in Michigan. Love the Alpena area. My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon (in January BTW) in Alpena 35 years ago. It snowed. :) We used to have the use of a cottage in Ossineke, Michigan for a couple of Months every August. It was wonderul. Right on the lake.

dangre

I'll take some of that. Cold last night....even colder tonight. Even at midday, it's -1 in central PA. I do not remember temps of -13(actual) overnights, with windchill in the -30's. All the more reason I'm retiring to Florida in 5 years.....

After spending 7 years there, I have to tell you that Florida has Winter as well. In fact, last year it was on a Tuesday.:biggrin:
Dan

toddlajoie

After spending 7 years there, I have to tell you that Florida has Winter as well. In fact, last year it was on a Tuesday.:biggrin:
Dan

My inlaws live in the panhandle, and they get winter pretty good if you listen to them. They said the other night it got down to 27 degrees overnight... At those temperatures we New Englanders stop wearing shorts...

sbwertz

I'll take our 115 in July to have 80 in February! I love Arizona! It's almost 8 pm and 73 outside...doors and windows are still open.

robutacion

Well, the only thing that I know about snow is that, makes things pretty and clean to look at, appart from that I hear about you folks talk about sub freezing pens and I get a chill in my spine.

Its amazing what humans get used to, in both extremes however, many of us did well in the heat and now, not so much, I'm sure the vice versa is as true but, is good to live in "mild" 4 season type water, there is a little bit of everything but, not to much of anything...!

Cheers
George

bobleibo

The elevation where I'm at is just a bit over 5,000 feet, the mountains are about 10,000-11,000. Normally this time of year everything you see in the picture is covered with snow. Today we were out golfing. I'd be more than happy to take some of the snow that our friends in the northeast are getting pounded with. We need it to keep the ski areas open, which unfortunately will probably close 1-2 months early.
All of you folks in the northeast, please stay safe~

Attachments

• 20150215_114026.jpg
    20150215_114026.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

toddlajoie

Well, the only thing that I know about snow is that, makes things pretty and clean to look at,

That's true for about a day. After that between plows ripping up the curbs and throwing them and a bunch of dirt 10 feet into your yard, salt thrown all over the place, car tires spinning and throwing everything around, and other necessities of moving around in it, it gets dirty quickly and looses that Ansel Adams Yosemite Clean Snow Look...

Califo

Well, the only thing that I know about snow is that, makes things pretty and clean to look at,

That's true for about a day. After that between plows ripping up the curbs and throwing them and a bunch of dirt 10 feet into your yard, salt thrown all over the place, car tires spinning and throwing everything around, and other necessities of moving around in it, it gets dirty quickly and looses that Ansel Adams Yosemite Clean Snow Look...

If you want to see how beautiful snow looks, take a drive through downtown Boston during rush hour a day after the storm and and if you can FIND a parking stop to admire the view. BUT, as a word of caution DO NOT remove an old chair, trash bag, whatever that may be obstructing your parking spot :biggrin: it is not safe. Though you may think you are doing a good deed cleaning the area to park, it could get you into trouble. That said, I'd trade 100 degree weather any day over the 90+ inches of snow in 3 weeks. I am done. Time to move to S Florida.

Last edited:

randyrls

Normally this time of year everything you see in the picture is covered with snow. Today we were out golfing. I'd be more than happy to take some of the snow that our friends in the northeast are getting pounded with. We need it to keep the ski areas open, which unfortunately will probably close 1-2 months early.
All of you folks in the northeast, please stay safe~

Bob; Call the mayor of Boston and some of the nearby cities. I'm sure they could load many railroad coal cars with snow and send it to you.:):)

SDB777

It was 72*F on Saturday....
It was 40-ish*F on Sunday....
It is 25*F right now with freezing rain....

No complaints, my folks have 50+ inches of snow on the ground!

Scott (it'll be nice tomorrow) B

tbroye

I feel for all you back East. Would love to put some of that snow you have in our Sierra's this has the making of a long hot summer with many wild fires and crop losses. Sierra snow is what keep Northern and Central California going and helps Southern CA as we send a lot of water south. We are having to make weekly trip up to our Uncles cabin in the Sierras to make sure it's ok as it is usually buried this time of year and no access.

greggas

Ok, I'll trade.

But careful what you wish for...I have over 6' of snow covering my entire property and it took my 4 hours to shovel a path to my shop yesterday...now I am too sore ( ok injured ) to turn !
:)

tbroye

Right now we would take it all. Winter recreation is done unless we get more snow and rain spring, summer and fall recreation water wise will be over before it starts. If we have a hot summer like last summer we will be hurting. I talking the number of 100+ degree days. But for right I am going out on the patio for lunch might as well enjoy it.

Top Bottom