Things You Make

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dhallnc

dhallnc

While I have not turned a finished anything yet, I'm curious as to all the different things you folks make using your lathe as a part of the process. I've seen some things on the forum that I have never really thought of.

At some point I hope to sell the things I learn to make. After all how many pens or bottle stoppers can you use. So, what all do you folks make and what do find a reasonable price to be. Also; please state if the item requires a purchased kit.

Thanks in advance.
Darryl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

Business card holder

Turn a cup as in attachment one. Cut away all material except the back and seat to match the chairs on a business card. Add legs as in attachment 2.

Hope this is ok to post here. I got lashes for doing it on another site:).

Chuckie

Attachments

• BCARD1.JPG
    BCARD1.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 197
  • bcard2.jpg
    bcard2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 235

ctubbs

Chuckie, that is one kool business card holder. The thought process of the members here is astounding. Thank you for sharing.

Darryl, if you will look at this thread back a bit, you should find a number of things other than pens made by the members here. This is a versitel group. They make pens but also bottle stoppers, bowls, seam rippers, clocks, oh my, so many things. Check them out, you may be amazed.
Charles

Rfturner

That is aweful you should send it to me for further inspection:biggrin: That is a great job and an interesting businescard holder, great way to do it too.

keithlong

The things you can make with a lathe is only as limited as your imagination. I started out making pens and now I have made, a couple of small bowls, lided boxes, platers, miniature bird house christmas tree ornaments, spinning tops, ball and cup tops. Their is a website caled woodturningonline.com, just click on turning projects, there are a lot of tutorials on their to get you started.

Top Bottom