The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from davinci27

davinci27

So after we had baby #2, I fell off the turning map. I've finally cleared out the shop and started turning things again. Unfortunatly my tailstock is broken, so precision drilling/pen making is a little out at the moment. In the mean time, here are a couple of other things I've made while I wait on a new handwheel.

First one is a spalted sycamore hollow form with bloodwood finial and pedestal.

The second in is a harmonica microphone made out of bloodwood and oregon myrtle.

Attachments

• Hollow-Form1.jpg
    Hollow-Form1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Hollow-Form2.jpg
    Hollow-Form2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 210
  • harp-mic.jpg
    harp-mic.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 274
  • harp-mic2.jpg
    harp-mic2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

Yeah, I heard about the one Sat, but I didn't find out in time to plan around some other things. I hope my parts come in today so I can do some pens, I've already got some blanks turned round, they are just waiting for holes. Maybe I'll have some ready by the next meeting.

bitshird

Good to see you around again Ben, Congratulations on #2 Odd name for a Young one:wink:
but this is the 21st century so any way Beautiful hollow form very nice indeed, The Harmonica mike is also kind of cool. You just have to love machinery it always breaks at the least convenient time.

PenMan1

Man! I kept looking at the demograhics for Franklin to see if the population in "God's Country" had dropped to 901, but it remained constant at 902, so I wasn't terribly worried.

Welcome home!

BTW...they sho are purdy dodad that you make there, mister :)

Last edited:

davinci27

I've already got a pen planned and started, just waiting on the hand wheel to come in. I should have it by Friday, so maybe the pen will be ready sometime next week. Give me a yell next time you are in the area and we will grab some lunch.

Ben

davinci27

Man! I kept looking at the demograhics for Franklin to see if the population in "God's Country" had dropped to 901, but it remained constant at 902

You are looking at the 2000 census information. As of 2010 we are at 942. That's right, just under 4.5% growth in 10 years. On top of that the downtown square has one traffic light. We are so efficient we only need one light for a square. Bet you don't find that kind of stuff over in Eatonton.

Top Bottom