The first in a big order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

A few weeks ago I got an email from the manager of an upscale pizza joint in Arlington, Virginia (I'm near Lexington, Kentucky so he somehow ran across my web page) asking if I could do 50 salt shaker/pepper mill combo units for him. He sent me the design that he wanted (not all that dynamic but the customer gets what the customer wants), decided on the wood (ambrosia maple) and we agreed to start off with 15 and if he liked them we would move forward with the rest. When the guy said he wanted them etched with the restaurant name he said, "maybe that will keep people from stealing them," I chuckled and said, "or their friends will know where they stole them from!" (I'm thinking this will be a perpetual job replacing the mills that go missing).

So here is the first group of 15 (the "side" that is etched is the clearest grain so there is a lot more color on the other "side" of the mills)...

Attachments

• Batch1A.jpg
    Batch1A.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 612
  • Batch1B.jpg
    Batch1B.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 544
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Congrats on the great order! How exciting - you know your website is getting traffic AND orders!

Maybe if your customer offers them for sale, you could both benefit - he would be able to afford replacements and you would get more orders.:)

Pitoon

that's awesome! getting a call for an order....with the possibility of more to come.

are the laser engraved?

Pitoon

wildbill23c

Banned
Wow, those look great. Thought about making some but saw all the different drilling sizes needed and I'm not ready to do that kind of delicate work, not at least with the drill press I have, its not big enough, found that out with the pizza cutter handle I just made.

Charlie_W

Michael,
You might want to talk to the pizza shop owner to see if he would like to sell the salt and pepper grinders. If there is a card with your website on it, you could get quite busy!

kyaggie

Charlie,

That's something that I hope happens with this and is something that I'm going to discuss with the pizza guy. Between the mills that mysteriously disappear and ones that people want to buy, this could be a never ending order!

Thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom