new project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Exabian

Exabian

I wanted to try to make something other then a pen and since my wife got me a nova g3 for christmas I decided to make a bangle for my wife. I learned a lot on this project and I think it has started me down a new path of addictions (bowls and other stuff :eek:) Any way she loves it so thats what matter.

Its marble wood, sanded to 600 and finished with 5 coats of WTF. I then buffed it with 1000 mm between each coat and a final buffing throughout the remaining MM for the last coat. I let the finish dry then applied some Renaissance Wax and buffed it to a shine. C&C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3830.jpg
    IMG_3830.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Nicely done, keep having fun with new turning projects. I like to try something new for a while, then set it aside for a while before taking it up again. The stuff I do between can give me new ideas for it.

raar25

I think you should do a little write up on your finish and how you complete the inside and outside and how you hold the bracelet in the lathe to finish.

jlsand68

I am also interested in your method for a successful WTF finish. Can you send it to me also?

Thanks

flyitfast

I am also interested in your method for a successful WTF finish. Can you send it to me also? Thanks

Sure pm sent

This sounds like a method that would help me. I've not had the best of luck with WTF finishing.
I admit I haven't looked yet, but are there procedures for turning the bangle bracelet? If you have them in writing or if they are published, I hope you can help.

I can see why your wife likes them - you have done a great job.
Thanks
gordon

I just did a search and there are a lot of bangle tutorials our there. Looks like that would be a good diversion and a way to use smaller pieces of wood laying around. I definitely plan to give them a try. g.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Great looking job on the bangle!
If you save the center cutout, you can turn it into a pendant to match the bangle. Check out Ruth Niles offset pendant jig.

Top Bottom