The "Carry Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
My constant 'Carry Pen' is one of my heavy weights, at around 75grams, it's a bit heavy for many people, but it works well for me.
Solid stainless steel with Antique Acrylic. :biggrin:
Has never made me any 'sales' but has made several ' wow....now I know why your arms are so big...' comments!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• GoldHexInlay4.jpg
    GoldHexInlay4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Some here might recognize this:wink: It has been one of my carry pens for a while now. It is as far as we know the last blank Eagle worked on and never did finish, notice that two feathers were not done, yes it's Axis antler.

IMG_2613.JPG

My Carry Pen

Hi all,

My personal carry pen was created from an odd shaped piece of nearly rock hard cherry burl. It's finish is now dull, a few little scratches, but I wouldn't trade it for a pen made of anything else.

I was given that burl by a gentleman who was demonstrating how to make veneer with a band saw, at the very end of a small show in the parking lot of a wood workers store many years ago.

It's my favorite, my Sunday pen, my anything but work pen. Work is just too nasty at times for a pen of any value.

Charlie

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

I have, give or take a couple, about 73 carry pens --- almost all made for me by IAP members. I have, what I think is a better then decent pen collection and I carry whichever one strikes my fancy at the moment. Some are ballpoints, some are fountain pens and some are rollerballs. I do get asked about them sometimes but don't use them to try to sell pens, I'll usually tell the asker as much about the pen as they are interested in hearing and that the pen was made for me by a friend.

alamocdc

Some here might recognize this:wink: It has been one of my carry pens for a while now. It is as far as we know the last blank Eagle worked on and never did finish, notice that two feathers were not done, yes it's Axis antler.

You are a braver man than I Roy! I just can't bring myself to carry mine. So it sits in a collector case with my prize fountain pens.

Gilrock

I usually rotate what I carry to be the latest pen I've made. But for a pen I actually use a lot for some reason I always like to grab this cheap $10 slimline. I thought the blank was pretty cool but I also don't worry about it getting scratched in my pocket. Although it's kinda sad I've found myself several times having to sign something with none of my pens on me.

Attachments

• GreenSlim.jpg
    GreenSlim.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 100

OKLAHOMAN

Billy, I a very lucky person as I have about a dozen Eagle blanks and 4 pens made by him. When I received this blank I thought I would never make a pen from it then I heard Eagles words in my head

"It's only a $%$@&%@ blank if you screw it up I'll make you a new one , I make these damn things to be used"

You are a braver man than I Roy! I just can't bring myself to carry mine. So it sits in a collector case with my prize fountain pens.

Right now when I'm at work I only carry around a gold plated Parker Jotter. It's my favorite style of click pen and nice and light.

I only have two pens that are NFS and they're both custom pens that I fear would break or lose very quicky.:redface:
The rest that I have for sale I don't like to use because I want it to be pristine for my costumer.

Guess I should make one specifically for carrying and advertisement. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom