The birth of the printer castle...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

angboy

I started a woodworking class back in January and decided to build a printer stand, just an open stand with two shelves. When I added a door, it became the printer cabinet. Then I made the shelves into pull out drawers and it became the printer habitat. It then morphed into the printer mansion, aspiring to become a printer castle. The class ended in March and then I had to stop work on it for awhile after I had surgery in March. Well I finally finished it last night- 9 months later. Yep, coulda birthed a child in that time frame, but this is more to my liking than that!

The men in the class were rather appalled that I was painting it purple. But it matches a computer deks I already had, so that was the reason for the color choice, though I do love purple so I might have chosen that color even if it weren't for the desk. I turned the feet out of birdseye maple, and at the brilliant suggestion of my dad, decided to leave them the natural color rather than painting them to match.

I have learned that I enjoy working with a table saw, but I've learned that I hate hinges! I also learned that I do prefer the lathe work and making a pen, something that I can finish in a little bit shorter time than this, so this may be my last effort at making anything furniture-like...

Attachments

• Picture001Small.jpg
    Picture001Small.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture002Small.jpg
    Picture002Small.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture003Small.jpg
    Picture003Small.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture004Small.jpg
    Picture004Small.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture006Small.jpg
    Picture006Small.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 131
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

.....and then I had to stop work on it for awhile after I had surgery in March......

DSA: I assume the surgery was for the removal of e benign brain tumor that caused your irresistible urge to reduce solid wood to sawdust. Apparently the operation was not successful.:biggrin:

Glad to see you back and posting.

Last edited:

angboy

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Actually I think dad thought it was going to be something like Barney purple when I told him it was going to be purple, so by comparison, this probably looks great!

angboy

Two more pix to show it in the perspective of sitting next to the coordinating desk and actually in use.

Attachments

• IMG0826Small.jpg
    IMG0826Small.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG0827Small.jpg
    IMG0827Small.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom