The bad and the good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

Well it finally happened, the company I work for closed its doors just in time for my 60th birthday. What a present. So I am now officially unemployed. The bright side is I now have more time to turn and more time to check out IAP, as long as LOML gets taken care of. I do have a couple of short term projects possibly lined up to help out while I search. There is not many openings for Quality COntrol and Engineering Managers in the Pressure Vessel fabrication industry for the Oil and Gas sector right now, but openings will eventually come.

On another bright note, LOML and I have adopted two new boys to raise, and they have quickly taken over the household and now everything we do seems to revolve around their schedule. They are brothers and are named Harley and Hondo.

If you havn't figured it out yet, they are furred, four legged kids and are full blood Basset Hounds. They are just 8 weeks old and already a handful. Our three indoor cats are scared of their every move.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Rob,
Sorry to hear it, something will come up for the better. Who know's. As for your four legged "kids", that sounds like a howling good time.

markgum

sorry to hear of the job. Been there, one door closes and a great opportunity seems to come around. Congrats on the new family members. They will keep you busy.

rjwolfe3

Sorry to hear about that Rob, I may be down that road soon thanks to our stupid state government not wanting to raise taxes. Instead their solution may be to fire 10,000 employees. I should know in a couple of weeks.

jleiwig

Maybe you could translate your experience to one of the industries where the government is dumping money by the billions? Maybe start your own "green" company.

I know they are putting in a huge pipeline up here. Maybe a move to colder, cleaner living is in order?

Scott

Hey Rob,

I am real sorry to hear about the job! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Congrats on the pups! They are going to be a lot of fun!

Scott.

great12b4ever

Maybe you could translate your experience to one of the industries where the government is dumping money by the billions? Maybe start your own "green" company.

I know they are putting in a huge pipeline up here. Maybe a move to colder, cleaner living is in order?

Justin, thanks for the thoughts, but at 60 years old with my house and land paid for, including my shop, I would prefer not to move anywhere. I used to live in Lima Ohio for a couple of years, and LOML can't take the cold with her health, so I guess we will try to stay in this area if possible.

I know the energy sector will be making a comback, (it always has, and we can't get away from natural gas and oil immediately) so I will be able to finish out my working years fairly soon.

To the rest thanks for the remarks and concerns. I am not a bit worried, I know things will eventually get better, but LOML, with her health problems, is the worrier. She is the one I am trying to keep cheered up.

Thanks

Top Bottom