That's a nice Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

Was in Texas a few weeks ago. Found this wood supplier in Hutto, TX (I think) Found this piece of Tulipwood. It was kind of expensive. A guy next to me said he would pay for half of it if I made him a pen. I told him that I didn't live in Texas, but that was no concern. He said that people here in Texas trust big, just like everything else. I shook his hand, he paid for half. I got home, made the pen, sent if off. He was very pleased. Great people there.

Attachments

• DSC05256_edited-1 (1024x573).jpg
    DSC05256_edited-1 (1024x573).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC05257_edited-1 (1024x530).jpg
    DSC05257_edited-1 (1024x530).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC05263_edited-1 (1024x681).jpg
    DSC05263_edited-1 (1024x681).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Wow, that's a great pen! I am fond of Sedonas too. That an impressive board, indeed. I am sure the guy will love it. Nice to meet trusting people, isn't it? Thanks for sharing.

woodgraver

That is a great story and a beautiful pen. I remember taking Texas History in 7th grade where we learned how some folks from Tennessee came to our aide a long time ago! Sounds like we are still working together pretty well :)

Was in Texas a few weeks ago. Found this wood supplier in Hutto, TX (I think) Found this piece of Tulipwood. It was kind of expensive. A guy next to me said he would pay for half of it if I made him a pen. I told him that I didn't live in Texas, but that was no concern. He said that people here in Texas trust big, just like everything else. I shook his hand, he paid for half. I got home, made the pen, sent if off. He was very pleased. Great people there.

That's because half of Texas was settled by Tennesseans.... :biggrin::biggrin:

My grandfather was from west Tennessee... migrated to Texas after the civil war... when I retired in Texas, retired to Tennessee.

Top Bottom