Ten Inch White Oak and Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

You been 'googling' optical illusions?

Far out dude(in my best Spicoli voice).

What kind of glue up times did you end up with? I am guess 'sanding sealer' too, to keep the timbers from 'blending'....

Scott (nicely done) B

W.Y.

You been 'googling' optical illusions?

Far out dude(in my best Spicoli voice).

What kind of glue up times did you end up with? I am guess 'sanding sealer' too, to keep the timbers from 'blending'....

Scott (nicely done) B
Glue up times are anywhere from a couple hours to overnight depending on what stage and how much of a hurry I get in. Actual time of making them is the shortest part . Glue up time is the longest part .
No sanding sealer required to stop 'blending' on maple and walnut like that but sometimes when using padauk I get some 'blending'.

jimm1

Well Mr. Young, I have one of them ring-masters for my Shopsmith. I pulled it out last year when I joined your other site. I didn't do so well. I think this weekend, I'm gonna give it another shot.

W.Y.

Well Mr. Young, I have one of them ring-masters for my Shopsmith. I pulled it out last year when I joined your other site. I didn't do so well. I think this weekend, I'm gonna give it another shot.

Good luck with that and I hope some of the videos I made about many stages of its use as shown on my Woodworking Videos board within my WWF site will help you out .
Mine has paid for itself many times over with sale of bowls and other things I have made with it.

Top Bottom