Tamarind Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Knucklefish

Knucklefish

Spaulted tamarind stopper. Am still playing with my photo process. C&C welcome!

Attachments

• Tamarind stopper.jpg
    Tamarind stopper.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Tamarind stopper 2.jpg
    Tamarind stopper 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Nice stopper and the wood is great.

I would like to see the item on a white background as the pale orange color (IMHO) overall tends to distract from the stopper. Maybe it is the type of light you used??

Knucklefish

Yes, it is a problem with the light. I am learning that I need a different bulb to use with my light box. I am going to get some bulbs that have a "color of light" of 5-6k and try again. I haven't done much photog and this "experiment" was all about trying to get the photo composition and focus right. I need to work more on the light however.
I appreciate your comments!!

Nice stopper and the wood is great.

I would like to see the item on a white background as the pale orange color (IMHO) overall tends to distract from the stopper. Maybe it is the type of light you used??

jthompson1995

It may help if you adjust the white balance for your current lighting. This usually involves setting a very white piece of paper to fill the viewfinder/screen while setting a custom white balance. You can find out how to set this in your camera's manual or on the manufacturer's website. This will set that color as white and the camera will adjust the other colors accordingly.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice... Definately find a way to tweak white balance in camera or software. Here is a quick example of it in software ( done on an app on my iPhone )

Attachments

• image-2778631346.png
    image-2778631346.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 103

Knucklefish

Wow, great idea as I never thought of doing that. I was focused on finding "whiter" bulbs to try and fix the problem. Thanks for the suggestion I'll give that a try first.

It may help if you adjust the white balance for your current lighting. This usually involves setting a very white piece of paper to fill the viewfinder/screen while setting a custom white balance. You can find out how to set this in your camera's manual or on the manufacturer's website. This will set that color as white and the camera will adjust the other colors accordingly.

Top Bottom