table legs??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

My neighbor is repurposing an old table. He bought new table legs but cut them off and discarded threw away the bottom 15 inches and brought them over to see if I wanted them. Little did he know what was inside them. Two down and two to go.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• 31d682f8-c0b1-4c34-a9dc-0c7b448958b7.jpg
    31d682f8-c0b1-4c34-a9dc-0c7b448958b7.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

No hesitation at all even though they are made from glued up stock and are pine. Good practice material before starting on a nice piece of timber.and, they were already round.
Do a good turn dily!
Don

Awesome!!!,
Did you hesitate when he asked if you wanted the legs????

Thanks for showing.

Bob.

PenMan1

Absolutely AWESOME, Don! I love the table legs. It's gonna take a pretty fancy table to compete with those beautiful legs!!!

PenMan1

Oh, I thought you just returned the old battered up table legs down and was making a smaller table! Beautiful wood! It is maple or what?

ctubbs

Beautiful work on the goblets. The stems put the fear of God into me. I can just see the bowl flying off just as I put the finishing touches on and then,... well you get the picture.:mad::eek:
Charles

PS: thanks for the advice on the Pentels.:)

its_virgil

Thanks and did the pentel advice help?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Beautiful work on the goblets. The stems put the fear of God into me. I can just see the bowl flying off just as I put the finishing touches on and then,... well you get the picture.:mad::eek:
Charles

PS: thanks for the advice on the Pentels.:)

its_virgil

Thanks Bruce! I am trying some other things and having some fun. Not too busy at work during Dec so I've had a lot of shop time. But, pens still take top priority...love making them.

Thanks to the others who posted. I appreciate the good words. I will be sure to post what I find in the other two legs. I think i I see a matching pair of candle sticks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

You're getting good at this stuff!

nava1uni

Nice looking use of the table legs. I get them, table legs, from a salvage place here in San Francisco. I get them for about $3 each and they are made of all kinds of wood. I like using them and making creative things out of them. I look forward to seeing what the other two legs become.

Last edited:
Top Bottom