SUPERBOWL POOL 2015 !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Everyone up to this post is in. We have room for 9 more then the pool is full.

I'm sticking with my original prediction - New England by 3 points.

SUPERBOWL TRIVIA QUESTION:
WHAT TEAMS HAVE WON EACH TIME THEY PLAYED IN THE SUPERBOWL?

bobleibo

93 in the pool....room for only 7 more.

SUPERBOWL TRIVIA QUESTION:
WHAT TEAMS HAVE WON EACH TIME THEY PLAYED IN THE SUPERBOWL?

Answer: Jets, Bucs, Ravens, Saints, 49'ers (4 times)

Skeleton2014

We really don't take our Seahawks seriously...

I'm already in the pool but...
Just got our baby back from the groomer. It was "Pumpkin's" 4th birthday. Please note the colors on the bows and the scarf the groomer sent her home with!!
Thanks, Jeff
Go Hawks!!!

Attachments

• P1010181.jpg
    P1010181.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010174.jpg
    P1010174.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 109

stonepecker

This pool is just about numbers correct? Or do we have to tell you that the Seahawks are going to repeat?

I am hopefull that it is about 34-14 at the end. That is my winning score on another board.

bobleibo

I'm already in the pool but...
Just got our baby back from the groomer. It was "Pumpkin's" 4th birthday. Please note the colors on the bows and the scarf the groomer sent her home with!!
Thanks, Jeff
Go Hawks!!!

How could you be so mean to that poor little dog?

Go Packers !!!

bobleibo

This pool is just about numbers correct? Or do we have to tell you that the Seahawks are going to repeat?

I am hopefull that it is about 34-14 at the end. That is my winning score on another board.

Numbers are the only thing that matter....as long as they are in the same quarter that your name is....except I really don't know about that Seahawk thing that you're talking about.

OK, we have 95 folks in the pool. 5 more and it is closed.
Good luck to everyone ..even you Seahawks fans~

Last edited:

akingkubo

How many blanks roughly do we have to "get ready" to "pay"? Do you have any criteria on what blanks to use? Acrylics?, woods? , anything? Size?
I want to get my blanks ready and boxed! Go Seahawks!!!!
Maria

bobleibo

How many blanks roughly do we have to "get ready" to "pay"? Do you have any criteria on what blanks to use? Acrylics?, woods? , anything? Size?
I want to get my blanks ready and boxed! Go Seahawks!!!!
Maria

Normally it is 4-5 blanks of your choosing and normally I would say don't box them up yet, you might just win,

BUT for saying Go Seahawks...there is an additional fee

for you it is 25 blanks, all premium burls or custom poured acrylics, maybe a few segmented ones, maybe also toss in a few pen kits......:biggrin:

Good Luck
Bob

bobleibo

I have friend who is a Patriots fan. Anybody know how to make a "pen" that isn't a pen, but really a ball deflator?

yep...it's called a letter opener, a very sharp letter opener.

CORRECTED COUNT - WE HAVE 94 PEOPLE IN SO FAR SO WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 6 MORE

C'mon, where are all of those Pat's fans? We're being overrun by Seattle fans.
(I'm only a Pat's fan for this game 'cuz Seattle kept my team out of it.....!)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm not a fan of either --- but can anybody say what if any advantage there is to deflating the ball by 2 psi (I think that's what they said it was). Any quarterbacks out there. I see a lot of comments about whether or not the coach and quarterback knew but I am not asking about that. I have not seen very much on what the advantage is supposed to be. Is it worth two touchdowns a game or two touchdowns a season or maybe one touchdown per decade? Does anybody really know?

yort81

I have a friend... who's has a friend... that knows a man.... who's barber talked to a person who might be a Patriot's fan... But I don't think it's true... I mean... Even "IF" the patriots win... they will have the scarlet letter "C" for cheaters branded on them... What kind of person supports a cheater :big grin:

GO SEAHAWKS... true heart.. grit and faith :)

bobleibo

And when do you throw those last few squares open for those who want to double down?

Excellent question Ken......
I was thinking that if we are not full up by tomorrow night, I will open it up to extra squares for anyone who wants them.

AS OF NOW WE HAVE 95 ENTRIES.....5 LEFT

NOTE: For anyone who may want an extra square, keep in mind that taking an extra square is the same as entering twice...which doubles your chances of winning but also means that if you lose, you send out 2 boxes of blanks.

SUPERBOWL TRIVIA:
Seattle is trying to become the 9th team to win back-to-back Superbowls. The last team to do that was the New England Patriots in 2003-2004

Last edited:

bobleibo

I'm not a fan of either --- but can anybody say what if any advantage there is to deflating the ball by 2 psi (I think that's what they said it was). Any quarterbacks out there. I see a lot of comments about whether or not the coach and quarterback knew but I am not asking about that. I have not seen very much on what the advantage is supposed to be. Is it worth two touchdowns a game or two touchdowns a season or maybe one touchdown per decade? Does anybody really know?

They say that a ball with less air in it is easier to grip, especially in inclement weather.
While that might be true, I don't understand how would that give one team an advantage over the other since they are both using the same footballs.

MikeDoyle

Hummmm

They say that a ball with less air in it is easier to grip, especially in inclement weather.
While that might be true, I don't understand how would that give one team an advantage over the other since they are both using the same footballs.

Do they both use the same ball or at turn over does the ball come from the team with possession?

Waggoner

Do they both use the same ball or at turn over does the ball come from the team with possession?

Each team has 12 balls that they use I believe. So the Colts would not have noticed the difference in air pressure.

Last edited:

bobleibo

One square left....who gets it? First come, first served.

Superbowl Trivia:
The only 4 teams never to make it to the Big Game are the Brown, Lions, Texans and Jaguars.

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503

Each team has 12 balls that they use I believe. So the Colts would not have noticed the difference in air pressure.

If I understand it correctly, there are 3 sets of balls. Each team has 12, which are used while they are "in possession" and a third set of 5 is used for both teams kicking game. The Patriots got "caught" literally when they threw an interception. D'Qwell Jackson's interception in the second quarter was the point where the infraction was noticed. Jackson gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and then notified coach Chuck Pagano.

For a pro quarterback to say he did not notice the difference when he handled the balls seems to me to be the IAP equivalent of handing Ed Brown a dull screwdriver and expecting to convince him it is a sharp skew. I suspect he would know right away.

GO HAWKS (We can win by playing the whole game without cheating.)

BSea

I have a friend... who's has a friend... that knows a man.... who's barber talked to a person who might be a Patriot's fan... But I don't think it's true... I mean... Even "IF" the patriots win... they will have the scarlet letter "C" for cheaters branded on them... What kind of person supports a cheater :big grin:

GO SEAHAWKS... true heart.. grit and faith :)
It won't bother them much (if at all), they already have the "CHEATER" brand from a few years back when they were stealing signs. I've been a Patriots hater since the "TUCK" play. It wasn't their fault, but my Raiders have never been the same.:frown:

Having said that, I'm not much of a Seahawks fan either.

But, I'm a big fan of BLANKS!! I won a quarter 2 years ago. It's like Christmas in February getting boxes in the mail for about 10 days or so.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Patriots 34 Seattle 14. Tom Brady is destined to win again!! Also the Cowboys repeated in 91-92 :wink: Before that was the 49ers in 88-89 (I think).

bobleibo

Patriots 34 Seattle 14. Tom Brady is destined to win again!! Also the Cowboys repeated in 91-92 :wink: Before that was the 49ers in 88-89 (I think).

Ernie, you have no idea how much I hope you are right!!!

Sounds like fun, I'll join. GO HAWKS!

OK, THE POOL IS OFFICIALLY FULL AND CLOSED.
STAY TUNED FOR THE COMPLETED GRID WITH EVERYONES NUMBERS AND SQUARES.....THEN THE WHINING CAN BEGIN.
NOTE: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "BAD NUMBERS"....JUST GOOD AND BETTER. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Last edited:

TOF

Will the updated spreadsheet replace the template in the OP? Seems like a silly question, but would like to clarify. Thanks

bobleibo

Sorry Harry....you're #101, just missed it. I will do a re-count just to be sure and if I am off, you will be the first on stand-by.

Will the updated spreadsheet replace the template in the OP? Seems like a silly question, but would like to clarify. Thanks

Yes, I will post a new grid in a new thread. The list of names has been scientifically assigned to squares and I am now waiting for the people who were asked to pick the numbers and team positions to send them back to me.
I will also post the complete methodology that was used to do all of this.

Good luck to everyone......

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

If I understand it correctly, there are 3 sets of balls. Each team has 12, which are used while they are "in possession" and a third set of 5 is used for both teams kicking game. The Patriots got "caught" literally when they threw an interception. D'Qwell Jackson's interception in the second quarter was the point where the infraction was noticed. Jackson gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and then notified coach Chuck Pagano.

For a pro quarterback to say he did not notice the difference when he handled the balls seems to me to be the IAP equivalent of handing Ed Brown a dull screwdriver and expecting to convince him it is a sharp skew. I suspect he would know right away.

GO HAWKS (We can win by playing the whole game without cheating.)
Given the way the rules call for the balls to be handled I wonder when the deflation could have been accomplished. Once tested by the referee they are in custody of an official until just before the start of the game then they are turned over to ball boys and go to the sidelines. If they were all deflated exactly two pounds it seems like a pretty tall order to get the deflation done on the sidelines....It also seems funny to me that the story is that it would not be unusual if the officials didn't notice during the game, even though they handle the ball after every play.

Last edited:

wyone

well I am pretty sure that if you paid someone to design a bleed valve that would leave exactly a certain amount of pressure in a ball, in today's world that could be done. the only trick might be if the officials put a seal of some sort over the fill location.

I do not understand why the NFL does not just take FULL responsibility of ALL the balls, including furnishing them, furnishing the ball boys and their inflation. It certainly would eliminate any questions.

Top Bottom