SUPERBOWL POOL 2015 !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

WHAT ABOUT THE TEAM WITH THE MOST WINS (cannot believe the folks who live in ______ did not jump on this one!)
[/quote]

Pittsburgh Steelers right? Not the Falcons :frown:

bobleibo

winningest coach is Chuck Noll

DING DING DING....YOU WIN. He coached the _____

Superbowl Trivia Contest:
What player has played in the MOST Superbowls? _____

What team(s) did he play for? _________

As of right now, we have 69 participants. Plenty of room for more!

bobleibo

I had someone ask if a family member can also get in on the Superbowl Pool.
As long as they have their own separate IAP membership name, they are more than welcome.
Good luck to everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

We're up to 72...still plenty of room and we're not hearing much from our friends in New England area. Hope you're not out there helping the Pats let the air out of the footballs?

I'm taking the Pat's by 3.....Oye~ I cannot believe that even came out of my mouth. I need a life!

magier412

LOL....SEATTLE SO WON THAT GAME.

And all in the last 44 seconds of regulation. LOL. The offense didn't show up until then, but when they did....BOOM! The Packers played a heck of a game, but really, they should have capitalized more on the fiasco that was the first 55 or so minutes of that game. Had they done that, it would have been a different story. So, as far as that goes, the Hawks defense did a heck of a job too.

The funny thing is, we've been waiting for a decent team here in Seattle since 1979 (when the Sonics finally didn't choke). Our teams come from a long line of chokers (see the Mariners, just about any year)...and when we have a team that is actually able to go the distance...and OMG...WIN...everyone's a hater. I have seen so much chatter like this (not picking on you, but you did use BIG RED FONT, LOL. And really, compared to other things I've seen and heard, this is mild), and as a sports fan, I'm surprised. It's more than friendly rivalry...it's pointed at the Seahawks and Seattle, and I guess I don't know why really...

Over the years (decades?), Seattle fans have learned to be more circumspect I think...we like sports and we enjoy the game...the only time I actively root against a team - and to be fair, it's more about rooting FOR my team, than against anyone - is when they are playing against my team...other than that, I enjoy the contest and might choose whichever team or other to root for...I'm wondering if that is a result of rarely having a team in the hunt, or just more of a Pacific Northwest attitude...either way, I don't understand the "anyone but Seattle" sentiment. :)

I give all the other great football dynasties their due - but I think that Seattle is making their mark (finally, hopefully, please?)...and hopefully, we'll be around for awhile...If not, we are here now, and we are enjoying the heck out of it, however long it lasts! We finally know how cities with winning teams feel...you should be kinder as we don't have a lot of experience here :D

And now, I'm heading out to pick up something the GB fans (and those of 29 other teams) can't this year...a jersey from MY TEAM, with a SuperBowl logo on it. You might want to get one too - they might be rare in the long run! ;)

So that's all...sorry if this felt like a rant - it's not intended to be - I'm just really surprised at how much emotion and negative energy is directed at our little corner of the world...

I guess the best revenge is to win...here's hoping we bring back another Lombardi on 2/2...would be nice to hear the quiet for a bit. ;)

Just sayin' (GO HAWKS!!!!) :)

WOW....filling up fast. As of the post by GDFRY, we have 35 folks ready to pony up blanks.

For any Seattle fans, YOU DID NOT WIN! Green Bay choked.....! So there! :mad-tongue:

My favorite teams are Green Bay and ANYONE who plays against Seattle! Even (forgive me for saying this) New England. Ouch, that hurt to say....

Last edited:

bobleibo

I really am not a Pats fan, but the Hawks kept us from having an amazing Superbowl party. I'm heading out now to buy a New England jersey. I heard they're including a flat football with them.

FYI...we now have 75 players in the pool. Where are all of those Pats fans? C'mon....I think we need some representation from Westlake Ohio......anyone know someone who lives in that area? *W*

Good luck to everyone!!!

LOL....SEATTLE SO WON THAT GAME.

And all in the last 44 seconds of regulation. LOL. The offense didn't show up until then, but when they did....BOOM! The Packers played a heck of a game, but really, they should have capitalized more on the fiasco that was the first 55 or so minutes of that game. Had they done that, it would have been a different story. So, as far as that goes, the Hawks defense did a heck of a job too.

The funny thing is, we've been waiting for a decent team here in Seattle since 1979 (when the Sonics finally didn't choke). Our teams come from a long line of chokers (see the Mariners, just about any year)...and when we have a team that is actually able to go the distance...and OMG...WIN...everyone's a hater. I have seen so much chatter like this (not picking on you, but you did use BIG RED FONT, LOL. And really, compared to other things I've seen and heard, this is mild), and as a sports fan, I'm surprised. It's more than friendly rivalry...it's pointed at the Seahawks and Seattle, and I guess I don't know why really...

Over the years (decades?), Seattle fans have learned to be more circumspect I think...we like sports and we enjoy the game...the only time I actively root against a team - and to be fair, it's more about rooting FOR my team, than against anyone - is when they are playing against my team...other than that, I enjoy the contest and might choose whichever team or other to root for...I'm wondering if that is a result of rarely having a team in the hunt, or just more of a Pacific Northwest attitude...either way, I don't understand the "anyone but Seattle" sentiment. :)

I give all the other great football dynasties their due - but I think that Seattle is making their mark (finally, hopefully, please?)...and hopefully, we'll be around for awhile...If not, we are here now, and we are enjoying the heck out of it, however long it lasts! We finally know how cities with winning teams feel...you should be kinder as we don't have a lot of experience here :D

And now, I'm heading out to pick up something the GB fans (and those of 29 other teams) can't this year...a jersey from MY TEAM, with a SuperBowl logo on it. You might want to get one too - they might be rare in the long run! ;)

So that's all...sorry if this felt like a rant - it's not intended to be - I'm just really surprised at how much emotion and negative energy is directed at our little corner of the world...

I guess the best revenge is to win...here's hoping we bring back another Lombardi on 2/2...would be nice to hear the quiet for a bit. ;)

Just sayin' (GO HAWKS!!!!) :)

WOW....filling up fast. As of the post by GDFRY, we have 35 folks ready to pony up blanks.

For any Seattle fans, YOU DID NOT WIN! Green Bay choked.....! So there! :mad-tongue:

My favorite teams are Green Bay and ANYONE who plays against Seattle! Even (forgive me for saying this) New England. Ouch, that hurt to say....

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I just heard that Bellicheck will be using some Voodoo and Witchcraft to beat Seattle in the SuperBowl! With all the spying and deflated footballs, they can't lose :biggrin: I say Patriots 34 Seattle 17. And I could care less who wins this game, as i'm a Cowboy's fan

bobleibo

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND - ERNIE BORRAGA - JUST OFF HIS WHIRLWIND ROAD TOUR JUST IN TIME TO DO HIS GAME DAY PLAY-BY-PLAY ANNOUNCING, GOOFY COMMERCIALS INCLUDED (THOSE ARE THE BEST).

ON A SAD NOTE: IF THE PAT'S WIN. POOR TOM BRADY WILL HAVE TO TAKE HIS SUPERBOWL TROPHY, HIS SUPERBOWL RING, HIS $20 GAZILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT AND GO HOME TO HIS ZIP CODE SIZED HOME AND HIS WIFE GISELLE BUNCHEN. I FEEL BAD FOR HIM.

AS OF NOW WE HAVE 79 PEOPLE IN THE POOL.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...

jsolie

Okay, I'll play. I don't follow football, but might be interested in the commercials. Afterwards on Youtube.

Now wasn't I reading something about corked bats or some such shenanigans?

Edited to add: Aha! It was flat footballs!

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
For those that have followed the play by play in the past, I will still be throwing my Super Bowl Bash Party! On the menu is Beer, Chicken Wings, Buffalo Shrimp, and lots of Tequila. There will also be plenty of Hooter's Women to go around :biggrin:

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 173

bobleibo

For those that have followed the play by play in the past, I will still be throwing my Super Bowl Bash Party! On the menu is Beer, Chicken Wings, Buffalo Shrimp, and lots of Tequila. There will also be plenty of Hooter's Women to go around :biggrin:

I'm firing up the jet and heading to Ernies.....if anyone wants to go, let me know and we'll swing by and pick you up.
Special Note: Before you are allowed to board, you will need a notarized permission slip from your wife with her approval.

So far there are 82 in the pool....room for more, no permission slip required.

Right now Vegas has the odds set at EVEN...been a long time since I've seen that one.

stonepecker

Hey Ernie.......Where did you inport the 'Hooter' girls from? We know they are not from KY.:biggrin:

A gentleman fromTenn. called the Kentucky Jams and Jelly Association to inform them how much he loves that "KY Jelly" on crackers in the morning.:bulgy-eyes:

Top Bottom