Successful Ringmaster Bowl Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Went to the little village hall from 10.00AM until 2.30 PM with 35 bowls made on the Ringmaster. It was just a fun day which included a yard sale fund raiser , some outdoor activities like rutabaga bowing . . lol . . etc. There were only half a dozen vendors outside and I was the only one inside. Figured with that type of a setting that if I could clear my $15.00 table charge plus make a few extra bucks I would be happy because I just wanted to see if bowls like that would create any interest.
Well, create interest they did. I started with 35 bowls as shown as left and right pictures and came home with five as shown in last picture. Came home with $465.00 and needless to say I had them priced too low.

WynndelSaleLeft.jpg

WynndelSaleRight.jpg

WynndelSaleTakeHome.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

Congratulations on a great sale! My wife agrees with you and I both, they were too cheap. But, whatever makes a few bucks, keeps your inventory low and keeps you occupied with a hobby you like and are very good at.

W.Y.

Introductory special pricing.

And it just expired.

LMAO, Amen to that...
I am befuddled that the one trivet didn't sell (front row left) too many people eating out or McDonald's.

That is not a trivet. Props are a good way of making sales. One prop is my sign that says "Bowl From A Board Guy" . As well as my business cards saying the same thing .
The other 'prop' that you thought might be a trivet is actually rings cut from a flat board which can easily be flipped over and show how a bowl can be made from a flat board by stacking them up (before gluing them together of course)
I must have shown that about 50 times to sell 30 bowls :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ugg.... William - the last thing I need right now is another tool, but man they should give you commission on ringmasters. I wish I could find a deal on one. Right now you have put this onto my someday wish list!

W.Y.

Ugg.... William - the last thing I need right now is another tool, but man they should give you commission on ringmasters. I wish I could find a deal on one. Right now you have put this onto my someday wish list!

I was reuctant at the price myself before purchasing but in my particular case I wish I had bought it years ago. Nothing ventured , nothing gained.
I have no connection with Ringmaster whatsoever myself but they do build a wonderful totally made in USA product that does what it is advertised to do . Used ones are few and far between because owners don't like to part with them but I have heard of a few reasonably used ones bought at estate sales , etc where the owner has passed on.
For me, it is well worth the full brand new price with warranty.

Hey . . . I am only 76 . Wait another 20 years or so and you might get mine at a good price :biggrin:

Last edited:

Tom T

Kevin,
They are. Every kid I see I tell them to not skip English class.
Some of use can spell, some can not.
But the bowls are still really cool.

Old Lar

I watching ebay and it brought $281.00. I think it was a pretty good buy at that, but I want to buy a new lathe down the line.

By the way, great bowls, Bill. That looks like a lot of fun.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I watching ebay and it brought $281.00. I think it was a pretty good buy at that, but I want to buy a new lathe down the line.

By the way, great bowls, Bill. That looks like a lot of fun.

I was in the mix of bidding, but there was 6 of us bidding on it, and unfortunately I didn't have the highest max bid. With shipping thats about 3/5 of new... So I don't feel too bad. If I could have gotten it for $250 I would have been thrilled... but I'll have to keep watching. (Or pony up the cash for a new one when I am ready.)

W.Y.

figure it out $465 divided by 30 bowls= $15.20

Which pretty well covers the price of the machine with the first sale and had all the fun of making them because it really is fun and easy to make them on that machine. Many of them were practice pieces from scrap wood and I sold them rather than chuck them out while fully explaining that they were my first practice pieces.. A few were even made of plywood . There is quite a learning curve to producing bowls on that machine but once learned, it is a piece of cake and production is easily achieved.

Now it is time to raise the prices and make some decent money at the next sale. If I had any idea they would have been so well accepted I would have priced them higher for this sale.

Some never go to sales and just give their stuff away . I give lots away too but I like to cover the cost of every piece of equipment and my supplies and I have easilly done that with every aspect of woodworking I ever done.

It is great to have a hobby that covers expenses and still creates a lot of enjoyment while doing it.

SDB777

Priced to low? Or priced just right?
Either way congrats on the fine day of sales!!!! Few more trips like that and you've paid for the Ringmaster! And had some fun to go with it!

Scott (can't find one anywhere-RM that is) B

Top Bottom