Strong caution!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

As you may know I recently did some casting in my livingroom. The reasons for this studipity are many and irrelavent. The real point is that what I did was very dangerous and I have had some direct effects from my error. I am mildly asthmatic and the last 2 days have been some of the worst of my life from a respritory health point of veiw. It is true that this is normally a bad time of year form me but this was extreme. I have had to double my inhailer use and still can't breath at my normal leves.

I am giving up casting entierly for the time being and looking at improving the ventilation in my converted bedroom shop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Balasharc

Sorry to hear man I know the feeling. Ever tried to cleen a floor with clorox just to find out there was Cat urine there too? It's bad very bad!

renowb

Hope you get better. Those fumes are horrendous! You need plenty of ventilation on PR. Don't take any chances, do it outside.

Akula

Get well soon.

I can not even think of the smell inside. That smell would knock me out cold.....I can cast but save it for something really special. Gives me headaches.....blah Always outdoors and full respirator for me or it won't get done. So many casters out there now, as long as the price is good, I will buy. (might be how/why some charge so much for a little chunk of resin LOL)

Drstrangefart

Hope your situation improves. Glad you didn't let it turn you away from casting permanently. I have yet to cast due to lack of funds to invest, but when I do, I plan on setting some stuff up on my back deck. I just don't have a place indoors suited to it. It'll end up being a very moveable arrangement, to say the least.

SDB777

I am giving up casting entierly for the time being and looking at improving the ventilation in my converted bedroom shop.

Is it possible for you to continue casting projects outside? At least while mixing and stirring and such, and after everything is sealed up for curing then bring it inside(if not inside, at least the garage or something similiar)....

Scott (breathe better) B

Rick P

Still a bit wheezy but I am feeling a lot better, thanks everyone. No I don't think I'll be doing any casting for a while if ever........

ctubbs

Rick, there are half face respirators that use organic carts that will filter out the bad stuff and allow you to continue casting. Yes, they are inconvenient, hot, in the way, and even irritable at times, but they will make it possible to do what you have been doing in casting. you do, however, need to locate a location not in your home where others live to do the mixing. A small room or tent that you can heat yet ventilate to the outside would work for your mixing. Once mixed and poured the mess could be enclosed in a good box and brought inside to cure. I hate to see anyone miss out on the fun.
Charles

Top Bottom