SteveG-wins the FIRST auction--THANK YOU!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_Princess

Excuse me, Mr. Auctioneer!

Let me sweeten the pot for the winning bidder just a bit.

Remember the sandstone coasters? I gave away the last two full sets in the drawing last year, but I do still have a few singles. I'll send you one with the mug. (The photo shows a set, but I'm including one)
View attachment 129147

But wait, there's more! :biggrin:

If you didn't buy a t-shirt this year, or you want another one, it's yours.

and even more!

If you don't have one of the "plain logo" IAP mugs and you'd like one, I'll include that as well. (And I'll include a coaster for that one too!)
View attachment 129148

and one more!

If you are a coffee drinker and you grind your own beans, I'll include a pound of Brazilian Fazenda Da Lagoa coffee I have roasted locally by my old friends at City Roast Coffee in Cleveland (I picked up a fresh load yesterday!)

Whomever you are, Mr. or Ms. winning bidder, good luck!

Now that is a deal I just can't pass up!!

$265.00

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU, Curly!!!!

After all the extras that Jeff added, it's nice to see the bid go over $300!! AND, there are 22.75 hours remaining!!!

Who will say $310 USD???

SteveG

Ah, an opportunity for international intrigue! My speciality

A brief spin out here during the hours of light...carefully!

I will present the winning bid >>>>>>>> U$ 310

(For you 'nadians, that is very close to $386 in your currency)

Curly

Okay let's see if the Pacific Islander will ride the wave or splash.

$400 'anadian.

You'll need more than $321.35 'mercian to stay above the water. :bananen_smilies027:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Curly!!!

Is that a Pacific Islander dancing?
Or a local resident shivering!!!!
(Wisconsin understands COLD==30 below windchill tonight)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm, I don't see anything new that is tempting......actually I can drop out now - as I said in January, the money just ain't quite as plentiful this year (fortunately others seem to be flush - that's a good thing).

SteveG

The afternoon rays still bathe my location.

Stay tuned...as I said before: I do my best work at night! The long knife, Damascus of course, is at the ready!!

SteveG

Once again, the night is in full bloom. Many who try during these conditions, can see nothing. I see everything!

If one of you is considering a "final seconds grab", counting the clicks on the clock, as the stream of time moves steadily forward...me thinks Ed maintains a 'last man (or chick) standing', auction guy discretion on that. As long a bids are forthcoming, the battle continues. (Sorry for the "chicks" thing...I am old school, can't help it).

Now, for the business at hand. This seems to be a good time to nudge the bidding forward. I have not been authorized to reveal the tracking number of the mug on its way to my location, so you will have to wait for that. Maybe I have already said too much. But doing my part, here is the latest: $333 US. (You 'nadians will have to figure this round out for your selves.)

BTW, I really do not think " 'anadians " is a viable contractinated descriptor...just say'n.

Darkness rules! The mug is mine!

SteveG

Once again, the night is in full bloom. Many who try during these conditions, can see nothing. I see everything!

If one of you is considering a "final seconds grab", counting the clicks on the clock, as the stream of time moves steadily forward...me thinks Ed maintains a 'last man (or chick) standing', auction guy discretion on that. As long a bids are forthcoming, the battle continues. (Sorry for the "chicks" thing...I am old school, can't help it).

Now, for the business at hand. This seems to be a good time to nudge the bidding forward. I have not been authorized to reveal the tracking number of the mug on its way to my location, so you will have to wait for that. Maybe I have already said too much. But doing my part, here is the latest: $333 US. (You 'nadians will have to figure this round out for your selves.)

BTW, I really do not think " 'anadians " is a viable contractinated descriptor...just say'n.

tbroye

Wife just shot down my Snipe, poor thing. She say SS money to go for more "Pergo" to finish house flooring project. Since her SS check is bigger than mine. I guess I will do as told. I am out, will be watching from the sidelines. I am not mad, as this time she makes sense, got get the project done.

Curly

With a nights sleep I have come to my senses. We may spend Loonies but I'm not one. :befuddled: The man on the :island: has it unless a mainlander with more moolah outbids him. :wink:

SteveG

Those formerly in the battle are falling, at least some of them...

Is there someone lurking, preparing for a last minute offensive?

Perhaps one new to the fight?

If you are coming in, bring your long knife. The non-serious need not approach this field of combat! Let the battle ensue!

THE MUG IS MINE.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Now, for the business at hand. This seems to be a good time to nudge the bidding forward. I have not been authorized to reveal the tracking number of the mug on its way to my location, so you will have to wait for that. Maybe I have already said too much. But doing my part, here is the latest: $333 US.

The "final seconds grab" comment is correct!! As long as we have willing bidders, the auction will continue---with the limitations of on-line communication, this is a little "arbitrary". I have said we will close if there appears to be no further interest. In past auctions, this has never become an issue as all bidders will "drop out", leaving only the "winner".

Alternatively, if there is no raise in the bidding for several minutes (time for a bidder to type and the internet to react--which may vary, depending on the part of the world), I will declare the item "sold" to the high bidder at that point.

For those who remember last year, if a bid is discovered as fraudulent in the opinion of me or Jeff (after VERY thorough investigation), we will do whatever we think is "right"---in conjunction with the winning bidder, which MAY result in the whole auction being voided and rerun. We sincerely hope this does not happen again, ever. But, we WILL maintain the high ethical standard you have every right to expect!!

Now, to the IMPORTANT matter at hand!!!

The high bid is SteveG, at 333.00
Thank you, oh trench-coated dark one!!

Do I see $340??

2 hours remain!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Excuse me, Mr. Auctioneer!

Let me sweeten the pot for the winning bidder just a bit.

Remember the sandstone coasters? I gave away the last two full sets in the drawing last year, but I do still have a few singles. I'll send you one with the mug. (The photo shows a set, but I'm including one)
View attachment 129147

But wait, there's more! :biggrin:

If you didn't buy a t-shirt this year, or you want another one, it's yours.

and even more!

If you don't have one of the "plain logo" IAP mugs and you'd like one, I'll include that as well. (And I'll include a coaster for that one too!)
View attachment 129148

and one more!

If you are a coffee drinker and you grind your own beans, I'll include a pound of Brazilian Fazenda Da Lagoa coffee I have roasted locally by my old friends at City Roast Coffee in Cleveland (I picked up a fresh load yesterday!)

Whomever you are, Mr. or Ms. winning bidder, good luck!

Remember you are bidding on ALL this!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AND this great "one-off" 2015 managers' mug!!
129112d1424038502-45ish-minutes-you-could-manage-get-mug-managermug.jpg

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Reviewing:

That is TWO IAP mugs---one VERY LIMITED edition and one 2015 anniversary mug
AND
Two sandstone coasters
AND
One IAP 11th Anniversary Tee shirt
AND
One pound of Jeff's Limited Availability Special Coffee!!

ALL for one price!!!

Who will say
$340??

SteveG

What makes you say that? These colours work great in the deep deep darkness of a tropical island night. Have you ever walked right to the cusp, and observed the colors of a Hawaiian volcano?

These Hawaiian colours are on their way to "Home".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom