Started to order a woodchuck pro today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavePowers

I was getting ready to call and order a woodchuck today and was shut down by my wife. Unknown to me she was going to get me one for Christmas, I was also informed that I can not buy anything for myself until after the first of the year or risk being in deep trouble and might take my lathe away. I have a habit of buying what my wife and son get me as gifts.

Anyone counting days until Christmas. lol

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

wow! now you have to wait till xmas what a bummer, i would be telling her let me have it know and put a picture in the package for xmas!!! LOL

ctubbs

Dave, I know where you are coming from. However, I usually brought home the present my wife was secretly buying for me. Now that is a situation you do not want to be in. LOL. Congratulations on a wife who understands her man and is wishing to make him happy with a tool. How precious she is.

Charles

AlanZ

This is to imply that having two of a tool is wrong?

Actually having two is very sound planning. Use one for roughing, and one for fine cuts. When the fine cut bits get less than perfect, move them to the roughing chisel.

See, it's easy to rationalize any tool acquisition.

I'm picking up a Nova G3 chuck tomorrow at the Woodcraft sale:). But I have to turn it over to my wife when I get home so she can wrap it and give it to me for my birthday on Dec. 8:frown:. I feel your pain my brother.

Chris

bensoelberg

My wife bought me a Nova G3 for my birthday this year also. My birthday is in August, but I got the chuck in June. My present on my actual birthday was uninterrupted shop time. It worked out perfectly.

Willee

Too bad you must wait till after Christmas.
Marriage is a compromise and this is just one of them.
The benefits should far outweigh drawbacks.

Too bad she wont compromise a bit and let you get the lathe now ... pen kits and wood are a nice Christmas present also.
But ... I have found life is less stressful if you keep mama happy.

dankc908

I have been under STRICT orders, for several years now, to not buy myself anything after July (birthday - October, Christmas - December). 'Tis better to cooperate!

PaulDoug

Well, let's see, there are several Woodchuck tools. Find out which one her ordered and you order one of the others. I have 4 different ones. I find I use the Woodchuck Bowl Pro the most (I turn other things besides pens, but I use it when I turn pens also.). The little one with the round cutter is really nice for spindle type work. I've also used it on the little bird houses a lot.

ctubbs

Too bad you must wait till after Christmas.
Marriage is a compromise and this is just one of them.
The benefits should far outweigh drawbacks.

Too bad she wont compromise a bit and let you get the lathe now ... pen kits and wood are a nice Christmas present also.
But ... I have found life is less stressful if you keep mama happy.

:wink:I found years ago that if mamma "ain't" happy, "ain't" nobody happy!:biggrin::eek:

Give her, her little surprise time. It will be worth it!
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Charles:):party:

Top Bottom