STARS???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Who sells the Stars blanks (blue background and white starts) with the small stars??? They come in two different sizes and I am looking for the small stars. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

John, I was at CSUSA a couple of days ago and noticed they have them as well as red and white stripe blanks, both straight and wavy right up front in their showroom. You might want to give them a call.

jttheclockman

John, I was at CSUSA a couple of days ago and noticed they have them as well as red and white stripe blanks, both straight and wavy right up front in their showroom. You might want to give them a call.

Did they have just one size of the stars because in the catalog they are the big stars. I am looking for the real small stars. There was one vendor that had them but were out of them when I wanted them and now I can not remember the vendor.

elkhorn

Sorry, John, but I didn't pay attention to the size of the stars. If you call and ask for Roger or Josh, they should be able to help you.

Good luck!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Has anyone used these and if so please let us know what you think and when they say 3 patterns what do the mean???

Patriotic Stars: Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

By the 3 patterns, I think they refer to the 3 types of blanks in that series: White stars on blue background, straight red & white stripes and wavy red & white stripes (product numbers PA-01, PA-02 and PA-03).

That "3 pattern" comment appears in the description of all 3 blank styles.

jttheclockman

I believe Arizona Silhouette has them as well.

Here is a link.

Thanks Rick. I may have to give these a try. It does look like the stars are smaller. The reason for the smaller stars is to get the star effect. With the larger stars you only have a few stars visible if doing a cap on a pen. Besides I have other plans for them. I remember on FB that lady that sells to all the vendors mentioned the amount of stars for each type of blank. But I also remember there being some problems with the blanks. I ran into that with the black and white checkered blanks from the same company. Thanks all.

jttheclockman

I just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone was interested. I did purchase these blanks. Had to turn one don today to see in person what they look like. I like them.

Patriotic Stars: Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

They are smaller stars than the ones I have been ordering from other vendors. They will work out for what I want to do. I think the smaller stars are better looking on a kit.

I posted a photo of the 2 blanks side by side. I turned the small one down just enough to reveal the stars and it left a blank with a diam. of .80. A little over 3/4" I do not have one of the others turned round but you can imagine what it looks like. I did not polish so no comments there.

Top Bottom