Stars Blank Reverse Painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Troy Cole

To anyone who has used these blanks, just wondering what is the best color to reverse paint the blank with? Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Mine were not opaque and I made a cigar pen (s), I used light blue. Maybe yours are more opaque.

Akula

done several, depends on how much meat is left between the blank and tube..if you're using a tube..match them up with the red/white blanks

I have not had any problem with it being plenty opaque. But as a rule, I do paint the tubes white..imo helps the stars stay bright, just in case.

jttheclockman

Speaking of these blanks, who sells the stars blank that has the smallest and greatest amount of stars. I have some but it seems the stars are large and if doing a cap you will not get many in there. I have seen patriotic pens here shown that have a nice balance of stars in the cap. I am not wanting lazer blanks. It is so hard to tell from photos in vendors sites what a blank actually looks like until you have it in your hand.

Not trying to hijack this thread but it is on the same theme of it so thought it would be appropriate to ask here. Thanks.

WriteON

Speaking of these blanks, who sells the stars blank that has the smallest and greatest amount of stars. I have some but it seems the stars are large and if doing a cap you will not get many in there. I have seen patriotic pens here shown that have a nice balance of stars in the cap. I am not wanting lazer blanks. It is so hard to tell from photos in vendors sites what a blank actually looks like until you have it in your hand.

Not trying to hijack this thread but it is on the same theme of it so thought it would be appropriate to ask here. Thanks.

Have you tried PSI. Aside from star blanks they have star inlay kits.

I have had star blanks that were dark and worked out fine. Others were light and the tube/glue showed through. I wanted to trash them.

turncrazy43

I have turned a number of these blanks. I use a dark blue testers paint. That most closely matches the color of the blue in the blank. It has never had an effect on the stars and turned out great each time. Just my 2 cents.
Turncrazy43, Georgia

Top Bottom