sometimes you just feel helpless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

After 7 months without an episode, Skye had her first seizure with us today. I'm stuck at the office till 5 since I can't catch an earlier train. Won't be home until 8........

Lillian is doing as good a job as she can with her, but I can tell she is under huge stress right now from worry and fear.

She took her to the vet earlier, but now she's had a second and Lillian is having a rough time giving her the suppository that was prescribed.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

When our children are in trouble, we can talk and listen to them. They can talk with us and help us work with them. When our other "children" are in trouble, the inability to communicate can be terribly frustrating and stressful. Our prayers are with you and your lady during this time. God bless you.
Charles

Longfellow

My poodle, Arnold has been having seizures about three yeaars now. At first they scare the Hell out of you but after time you begin to cope with them. Arnold is on medications, Phenobarbital and Potassium Bromide, which minimize the severity and frequency of the seizures. His sister from the same litter has started having seizures also within the last year. They can live to a ripe old age in spite of the seizures

Drstrangefart

After having a dog with red mange and being unable to help him at all, and finally having to put him down, I understand how hard the feeling you aren't doing enough is. Hope your situation improves.

Russianwolf

Thanks guys. We know its not the end of the world, and we knew we would have to deal with this when we got her. She was actually brought in to the vet to be euthanized and he called us.

Lillian just isn't that calm under pressure and I work about seventy miles from home, so I can't jump into action like I want. These two today scared her and I can't blame her, I would be too if I haven't seen them and worse before.

So far tonight Skye seems to be back to her usual self. Cross your fingers and hope the next one is in the distant future. its been seven months since the last one,so............ day 1.

Russianwolf

We had another episod at 4:15. I was able to keep everything calm and she got some icecream as a treat when she was recovering. Waiting for tje bet to let us know if we should bring her back in. She's a tire and hungry girl right now.

Longfellow

My dog will go weeks and then have one, and every so often he will have what the vet calls Cluster Seizures, which is usually 3 within a 24 hour period. Then back to normal for weeks or months.

Top Bottom