promotional code

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Is it tacky to ask for a promotional code? I really haven't seen many posts asking for them - but I'm placing an order with CSUSA and the shipping is ridiculous. Anyone know of a promotional code for CSUSA?

:wink:

Martin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Martin, just ask for free shipping sometimes thats all you have to do. If its a big enough order they'll give free shipping DAMHIKT.

MartinPens

I'll place the order by phone and see what they say. Does anyone know who else sells the magnetic cap Zen under a different name? It needs to be the magnetic cap.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Texatdurango

Is it tacky to ask for a promotional code? I really haven't seen many posts asking for them - but I'm placing an order with CSUSA and the shipping is ridiculous. Anyone know of a promotional code for CSUSA?

Martin, This reminded me of a thread I started a few years ago after I attended a wood show and was given a "coupon" for a percentage off by the folks at the Craft Supply booth.

Since the coupon was good for a month or so I thought I would share the coupon number with fellow members. I shortly received a PM from the Craft Supply rep (who was an IAP member) asking me to please not share out the code.

His reasoning was that the discount coupons were given to people attending events, shows, etc. and was their way of "extending" the show specials and NOT meant to offer everyone the discount.

It was also explained that it helped the Craft Supply marketing folks keep track of who was at the shows, etc. and were the coupons passed value added or not. So I guess it made sense that a coupon given out at a Phoenix wood show would help them much if a person from Maine or Vermont called in an order and used the code.

Just sharing information....... I don't have any strong feelings either way so choose not to debate it since probably the majority here feel it's their right to use the codes.

Rob73

I don't think it's tacky at all. It's not like this 'hobby' is cheap. I order most of my supplies from CUSA and I pretty much always wait for some type of shipping discount. I ask here or over at smc or hit google. I would agree that depending on what you're ordering the shipping prices are high. I'm not paying 12 bucks shipping for kits I know would fit in a 4.95 flat rate box. When I get free shipping that extra money is going right to them anyway cause it means I"ll probably spend 12-20 more on an order.

Silver

"if you never ask you never get"

I ask suppliers all the time but usually wait till they give a product discount and make the order.

Having said that I never get any decent discounts on P & P for the UK..

Eamonn

Top Bottom