Something to do....stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Unfortunately, work kept me from glueing up anything this past four days, so I stacked a bunch of rings off the RingMaster today and glued them. Well, I I didn't feel like mowing the lawn today(wife will be pouring in the garage most of the day tomorrow), so I made some bottle stoppers from some of the ERC scraps I had laying around from some timbers I have just milled recently into beams and posts.

Tried some different shapes and styles....still not sure which I like and which I don't yet....one day the shape I want will just 'appear', 'til then......

C&C always welcome!

Scott (sanding cedar is fun) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Scott, it looks like you recently came into some cedar :tongue:

They look great. I know what you mean about the shape. My two favorite go to's are a Champagne Cork look and Mushrooms.

robutacion

The design on the third pic, is my favourite, no doubt that piece of wood accentuates the design but shape wise, out of that lot the one mentioned, is my choice.

Anything that doesn't end sharp pointed is OK by me, yours are just on "acceptable" any pointed and sharp and I hate those, just not suited for a bottle stopper functionality, I would like to see people tapping the bottle stopper into the bottle throat with the palm of their hands, on those almost needle sharp pointed bottle stopper ends...!

Is clear, of how much I hate those, huh...???:)

Oh.. by the way, my wife is most welcome in the work-shop, she is there all the time helping me out so, I'm a lucky fellow...! (some people say that I "trained" her well...! I think they may be correct in that regard, without her help, I wouldn't be doing half of the stuff I do so, bla bla bla...!:wink::biggrin:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom