Something out of nothing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

You all know about picking that something up and taking it home. It'll come in handy one day!!!!!:rolleyes:
A few years ago I picked up some dead wood from the bush, I thought that it was some JAM (Acacia Acuminata) wattle and I was correct, sort of. The early farmers used this wood for fence posts and in places is still serving after more than 100 years in the ground. Some of it was another wattle which also has the same dark heart wood and light new wood. I cant remember the name at the moment.
Anyway I had some fun yesterday. The bottles are 9.5in, 7in and 5in and the pickle jar is 6.5ins.
First and last lot are U-Beaut wax and the middle is linseed oil finish.
C&C welcome.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day Bob,

What a treasure they endup being, huh...???

Amazing "antique" look they have, and the shapes are spot on, me likes...!:wink::biggrin:

One of the problems of using some of that old wood is that, you never know what you are going to find in there, particularly nails, screws and all sort of metal stuff, including wire in the wood was once a post. I have been caught far too may time, until I decided that a small investment in a metal detector would pay off, big time.

If fact it did and still does however, I get "stuck" with stuff that the metal detector is unable to detect, and there is, stones/rocks, glass and others...!:mad:

Keep up the good work, mate...!

Cheers
George

seamus7227

those looks awesome! We have a wood very similar if not the same called Bois D' Arc(Osage Orange) that farmers years ago and some maybe still today use as fence posts because the stuff only gets harder with time.

Top Bottom