Something other than Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
Just to show I can work with wood.

I've been working on these the past two days.
They are made from cedar and the ends have lock joints.
The smell of cedar is the best.

These will be filled with petunias and I'll get a photo of them after they are planted.

0NR6eo6.jpg

Ga3texN.jpg

SKEzMfs.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Very nice. How did you do the carving on those? they both look absolutely identical.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Terredax

Banned
Very nice. How did you do the carving on those? they both look absolutely identical.

The carving was still done with the cnc, but the rest was done on the table saw. I had to make a fixture to cut the dados and rabbets for the lock joint.
I wanted the ends to come out exact on each one, and I think I accomplished that, if nothing else.

They have been planted with two different colors of purple and white petunias. We set them on the front porch and the neighbor lady from across the street came over asking about making a set for her.

I'm going to show her a different design. I think it would be a bit odd if we had the same planters.

DJBPenmaker

The carving was still done with the cnc, but the rest was done on the table saw. I had to make a fixture to cut the dados and rabbets for the lock joint.
I wanted the ends to come out exact on each one, and I think I accomplished that, if nothing else.

They have been planted with two different colors of purple and white petunias. We set them on the front porch and the neighbor lady from across the street came over asking about making a set for her.

I'm going to show her a different design. I think it would be a bit odd if we had the same planters.
Well you've certainly achieved what you set out to do, they are lovely and yes, you don't want to look like a couple of bookends with the neighbour having the same lol.

Top Bottom