Something else I learned during my pp failure

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Just a warning to all who cast with a pressure pot...

After my pp failure, I did a lot of research on various pressure pots and talked to a number of different people. One of the folks I talked to told me of a customer of theirs who had a HF type of pot and was using it for casting. He was running at about 60 psi and had the pot sitting on the edge of his work bench. All of a sudden, the happy go lucky dog came running into his shop and somehow bumped the bencha nd knocked the pressure pot off. When it hit the concrete floor, it exploded and sent pieces flying everywhere. Fortunately, neither him nor the dog were hurt.

The moral of the story...be sure your pressure pot is secured when under pressure and that there is no way it can get knocked over or off of a bench/table. One way is to recess it into a table top of some sort. Here is a picture of a cart I built a year or so ago to hold my pressure pots. Recessing the pots was NOT my idea, btw. I saw it in a pic that someone posted here where they recessed their into a table top. I am sorry but I don't remember who I got the idea from.

attachment.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Curtis

Never mind about the pot stand which is fabulous have a gaze at the Maple a real lot of pens in there. Bit like the thousands of tons of incredible stumps and logs of burl burnt each year in Australia. In this case I believe it lifts your spirit to see lovely timber in the workshop. i have some exciting timber cut for boxes but alas may never make them so I am thinking now of using them around my shop. Thanks for the inspiration.

On a visit to Tasmania some people had their entire kitchen Doors Cupboards made in flame Huon Pine Burl solid worth about two hundred thousand dollars but a bit over the top for me. Huon has an distinctive smell that permeates that kitchen.

Have safety and success with the pots and changes of underware. Peter.

Bree

Just a warning to all who cast with a pressure pot...

After my pp failure, I did a lot of research on various pressure pots and talked to a number of different people. One of the folks I talked to told me of a customer of theirs who had a HF type of pot and was using it for casting. He was running at about 60 psi and had the pot sitting on the edge of his work bench. All of a sudden, the happy go lucky dog came running into his shop and somehow bumped the bencha nd knocked the pressure pot off. When it hit the concrete floor, it exploded and sent pieces flying everywhere. Fortunately, neither him nor the dog were hurt.

The moral of the story...be sure your pressure pot is secured when under pressure and that there is no way it can get knocked over or off of a bench/table. One way is to recess it into a table top of some sort. Here is a picture of a cart I built a year or so ago to hold my pressure pots. Recessing the pots was NOT my idea, btw. I saw it in a pic that someone posted here where they recessed their into a table top. I am sorry but I don't remember who I got the idea from.

attachment.jpg

That is a terrific suggestion and a real practical solution!
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom