something different...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

This is a turkey call I made today. It is a slate call with a matching striker both are made of cocobolo. They are sanded to 400 grit then friction polish, then some Huts wax. I hope you enjoy. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

I wish I understood how calls, turkey, duck, varmint, etall, work. I am a hunter but never went for duck or turkey. That said, that is some beautiful work. The timber is beautiful and the finish is excellent. Knowing they will be used outside in not always good weather concerns me with the type finish.
Charles

SDB777

You sand the plate and then scrape the striker over the plate(like holding a pencil), and it pretty much sounds like a hen purring....well if it's done correctly!

Scott (great works) B

PenMan1

Nice work, Russell! Can I place my order now (to be delivered by March 1, 2011) for a 5" slate call, made from redneck walnut? I'll supply the walnut.

Great job! God, I can't wait till turkey season! If they sound good, I can sell all that you can make. My "call guy" retired and my calls sound like DrStrangeFart:).

Drstrangefart

Nice work, Russell! Can I place my order now (to be delivered by March 1, 2011) for a 5" slate call, made from redneck walnut? I'll supply the walnut.

Great job! God, I can't wait till turkey season! If they sound good, I can sell all that you can make. My "call guy" retired and my calls sound like DrStrangeFart:).

I resemble that comment. I think?:biggrin::confused:

Russell Eaton

[QUOTEDrstrangefart;1141010]

I resemble that comment. I think?:biggrin::confused:[/QUOTE]I don't think Andy meant any harm....lol. Andy have I ever told you how I HATE Wallnut. Call me when you get time. Russell

el_d

Really nice Russell, I got several turkeys that go thru my yard in the mornigs and evenings. I have never paid attention to their calls though..... Maybe now I will.

Top Bottom