something different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laurie sullivan

I needed to find something for my brothers for Christmas and this is what I came up with. these are kits and their only $16.95 ea. they come with their own scales but their ugly.

the top one is Cocobolo with piano key Ivory and the other is, I now have some to use those large antler ends. I decided on a palm tree because of the narrowness of the handle.

so let me know what you think.

Laurie

Attachments

• DSC_00381.jpg
    DSC_00381.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC_00401.jpg
    DSC_00401.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMB

Your scales look excellent! How are the knife kits though? I hate to say it, but they look like the 5-10$ knives I bought in my younger days, from gas stations and fleamarkets and such. Are they solid? A cheap liner lock will start to wobble and stick with a little use. Also the steel may be sub-par. I bought a $170 Spyderco a couple years ago, S30V blade, titanium liner lock, and g-10 scales. It's held up to daily use, still solid as the day I bought it, and after a quick hone every once in a while is shaving sharp.

papaturner

Hey Sis I won`t be able to make it home for Christmas this year but e-mail me and I`ll give you my new address.lol BTW Beautiful knives and I`m sure your brothers will like them even more than we do.Excellent work.

HawksFeather

Laurie, Nice looking folder. I am sure your brothers will be happy.

RMB, I have gotten several of the fixed blades from KnifeKits in the past and they are decent quality. They are not the quality of a D-2 Dozier knife blade, but the blades I received were well worth the money and have held an edge.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

one reason I went with this style, was I wasn't sure I was going to like them. this supplier has a large verity of different blades up up Damascas folders. ($150.00) I feel as a home gourmet cook, these hold a good edge.

there will be more made, that's for sure.

Laurie

Top Bottom