Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here's my proof it does!
attachment.php

All sold as Christmas gifts!
Elegant Beauty Sierra's plated in Black Titanium & Titanium Gold.

Casting of the watch parts done by my gal pal, Cricket!

Attachments

• 826, 827, 828.JPG
    826, 827, 828.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 665
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pitoon

nice job on those! where did you find the dials? i have about 10g worth or gears and what nots....but still looking for a decent dial.

Pitoon

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
nice job on those! where did you find the dials? i have about 10g worth or gears and what nots....but still looking for a decent dial.

Pitoon
Sorry, I can't help you in that regard. As I mentioned the casting was not done by me!

healeydays

Pitoon

Easiest way is to buy "donator watches" that are not working anymore. They are sold on Ebay pretty much hourly.

denniszoomy

Nice job, i really like them. Been wanting to try and make one myself even bought the watch parts off of Ebay. Some of them are pretty small. Still trying to figure out how to get the post off the gear. Chad Schimmel has a video on making them. If anyone is interested. I think he is up to his third episode on it.

eranox

Gorgeous pens, all of them!

I have to ask...what's the significance of 5:00? I see that the dials on all three are "set" to that time.

longbeard

I keep coming back to these, love the colored blanks behind the parts. I have 2 watch blanks but they are the carbon back round, cant wait to be able to get to them. Thanks for sharing with us Mack

carlmorrell

Nice job, i really like them. Been wanting to try and make one myself even bought the watch parts off of Ebay. Some of them are pretty small. Still trying to figure out how to get the post off the gear. Chad Schimmel has a video on making them. If anyone is interested. I think he is up to his third episode on it.

I bought some "watch parts lot" also of ebay. To get the posts out, Use a metal block with a tiny hole through it. Place the gear over the hole. Look at the gear closely, if there is a smaller gear right next to it, that is the side that faces down. Push the axle out with a punch. Usually only requires a light push. No hammer needed. YMMV:wink:

OZturner

Mack, Terrific Trio, if "you had the Time"
so glad "you made the Time", even if "you Took your Time"
(sorry I just couldn't help myself)
They are inspiring,
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Gorgeous pens, all of them!

I have to ask...what's the significance of 5:00? I see that the dials on all three are "set" to that time.
Because that's the way she casts 'em!:)

And Indiana Parrothead (Mike -- post #18) has a great thought as well! Couldn't get that thought from my mind when I was turning them.

Top Bottom