Some more 1911 grips.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Here are a couple of sets of my 1911 grips.

York Gum Burl with a gloss poly finish. The gun is a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm. These grips are thin grips. About 1/8" thick.
003YorkGumBurl.jpg

Birdseye Wandoo with a satin poly. The gun is a Dan Wesson CBOB in 45 ACP. These are standard thickness grips. About 1/4".
003BirdseyeWandoo.jpg

The next set I do, I'm going to use my Micromesh. I think they'll really shine polished like a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

That York Gun is very nice. I have Cocobolo grips on my Kimber Pro Carry. Cocobolo is one of my favs for gun grips. I saw the Cocobolo grips you made. Also very nice.

Edward Cypher

Gorgeous. Nice job. I saw the previous post about checkering which does allow better grip but if you really shoot that checkering shure gets dirty fast. And everything finds its way into the lines.

BSea

That York Gun is very nice. I have Cocobolo grips on my Kimber Pro Carry. Cocobolo is one of my favs for gun grips. I saw the Cocobolo grips you made. Also very nice.
The cocobolo grips were made by someone else. I saw his thread & thought I'd post a few of my own.

Gorgeous. Nice job. I saw the previous post about checkering which does allow better grip but if you really shoot that checkering shure gets dirty fast. And everything finds its way into the lines.
I'm playing with some checkering tools, but I'm not ready to show any of my work yet.:redface:

I may not have developed the patience for doing that. Besides, I hate to cover up really nice burl with checkering. And I don't have a problem shooting with smooth grips. But then again, both of those guns have checkered front straps.

LarryDNJR

I have a Beretta 96G Brigadier Elite currently fitted with Hogue rubber wrap around grips with finger grooves. I like them a-lot for the solid grip I get on the gun. Lately been debating on getting some Buckeye Burl or Amboyna Burl grips made for it.

Those grips look nice that you have there, good job!

Top Bottom