Pet Urn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mwildes

mwildes

Have a friend that lost her 20 year old dog. She had the dog cremated and needed an urn. First one I ever made. The dog was a Heinz-57 mixed breed, so I used a mixed wood theme: tulip poplar, mahogany, cherry, black palm.

Now she has commissioned me to make a matching pair for her parents. I was lucky enough to find a large enough log of ambrosia maple to make the set. I'll post pics when done.

Attachments

• Pet_Urn_1.jpg
    Pet_Urn_1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Pet_Urn_3.jpg
    Pet_Urn_3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Pet_Urn_4.jpg
    Pet_Urn_4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tommyd

Nice work I was thinking of making a couple of them myself. ? is the top screwed on or some way watched so it won't fall off if dropped.

mwildes

I "cheated" and used a 3/4" PVC plug and collar. I had to turn most of the PVC away, leaving about 4 female and male threads. The PVC female was inset and glued into the top, the male was glued onto a tenon on the bottom of the finial. It tightens nice and secure.

navycop

I "cheated" and used a 3/4" PVC plug and collar. I had to turn most of the PVC away, leaving about 4 female and male threads. The PVC female was inset and glued into the top, the male was glued onto a tenon on the bottom of the finial. It tightens nice and secure.
Got a stupid question for ya:So the top "bowl" piece is not removable, just the finial? :confused:

mwildes

Hi Mike,

Sorry about the delay in responding. The urn just sits in the stand and can be removed. When I shaped the urn, I left a bead around the middle area and that is what holds the urn in the stand.

Top Bottom