So What Does Your Backyard Look Like Today?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
:mad-tongue::crying::at-wits-end::bad::bad::bad::devil::curse::bye:

There are some evil folks here! But I guess I did ask.:)
Hopefully it wasn't Poison Ivy! Oh wait, that's what I weed!

Had to mow my weeds for the first time this year. It was sunny and 81* here today.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
It's going to be in the upper 60's today, we have some weed and springs flower starting to come up and it wont be to much longer and I'll have to start mowing.

ronfinch

73 degrees right now. It's a shame.....pic not from today!

Attachments

• image-3060841265.jpg
    image-3060841265.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Akula

Worked on the flower beds last weekend, raising them up another foot. Started clearing out a back section and will be growing strawberries this year. I didn't want them up front next to the tomatoes and peppers.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My Apologies...

Well, it's not my backyard technically. :cool:

For a week

IT'S MY FRONTYARD!!!

My task is to find the elusive "Pencilfish.":bananen_smilies039:

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 99

PTsideshow

Well then enjoy yourself, never did understand the baking on the sand thing and going in salt water! But if that's what you enjoy make the most of it!:island::beer::bananen_smilies027::smile-big:
:clown:

stonepecker

We MIGHT get to 45 today. Still 3 feet of snow across the yard both front and back. Hope that spring comes early but won't believe it till it is here.

With any luck we will see some melting this week but not enough for me to get back to work.

PTsideshow

Well here we go again 4"/8" from midnight Tuesday till Wednesday afternoon. And as in the past couple of storms the Ohio valley is getting its butt handed to them again!

Today is supposed to hit the highest temp this year so far, 78 but tomorrow snow and down to 16. not any snow to amount to anything but going from 78 to 16 degrees in 24 hours is tough...

Mike

PTsideshow

Storm track has shifted north ward again so now the NOAA and weather channel are going into PTPM (panic the people mode) how stupid is naming snow storms!:rolleyes: So now 6/10" in lower Mich.

Got the man eater fixed new link and adjusted the auger so it doesn't grind the concrete! Got to love those HF Honda clone engines $99.00 less the 20% coupons. should get another 50 years out of it!

Just in case it get deep

PTsideshow

So far since the start of this storm(called Vulcan) by the shrinking talking heads at the weather channel!:rolleyes:
About 5"s and doesn't look like it stop @ 11:00am like they were talking about!

longbeard

High of 65 yesterday, 61 today, then after 1pm today it will start cooling off with the lows tonight around 10 to 12 degrees. Then in upper 20s with a low in the upper teens. Then back in mid 50s after that.

Harry

Cmiles1985

My backyard still has raised garden beds strewn about that need to be placed and filled, but it's a little too windy to take my two year old outside. It is sunny and 69 degrees with a low tonight of 45, but the wind is 30 mph gusting to over 40.

Best of luck to all of those that are getting hammered by the winter weather...again.

rblakemore

In Friendswood, Tx, bright sunny, about 65.
Here is the first bluebonnet of the spring from 2/21.
I should be in the shop; but, need to work taxes.
A pen to show though.

Attachments

• 9T4A6399-V2_compressed_bluebonnet_02-21-2014.jpg
    9T4A6399-V2_compressed_bluebonnet_02-21-2014.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 73
  • OakGrove_Pens_engraving_sample.jpg
    OakGrove_Pens_engraving_sample.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 77

Jgrden

In Friendswood, Tx, bright sunny, about 65.
Here is the first bluebonnet of the spring from 2/21.
I should be in the shop; but, need to work taxes.
A pen to show though.

E'gads, we live in Dickinson and my son lives in Friendswood. I am setting up shop in his garage this week end. Lest's keep in touch.
John

TimS124

This was in a neighbor's back yard this afternoon...captured from our deck (they're downhill from us). There's a lake below that tree in the picture and that's why his focus was on....

Attachments

• PML Bald Eagle 2 3-22-14.jpg
    PML Bald Eagle 2 3-22-14.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 111

stonepecker

GRANITE ?????

Love that stuff......make my living engraving it. Will post some pictures something.
Today the High is 25 with a 15mph wind. Cloudy and still have almost a foot of snow in the front yard. They are calling for more snow (and rain) this next week.

Let the sun shine .... Let the sun shine in.....etc.

sbwertz

GRANITE ?????

Love that stuff......make my living engraving it. Will post some pictures something.
Today the High is 25 with a 15mph wind. Cloudy and still have almost a foot of snow in the front yard. They are calling for more snow (and rain) this next week.

Let the sun shine .... Let the sun shine in.....etc.

Decomposed granite is used for desert landscaping in AZ. Mine is "golden Granite".

Back Yard

IMG_1965.JPG

Front yard with poppies and climbing roses.

flowers09.jpg

stonepecker

You need a 'feature' piece of granite on all that gravel. I understand the reason for crushed granite but it looks so 'plain' to me. A nice granite bench or bird bath or even just a carved rock tend to give something different looking.

I am just curious.......what is the "white fence" on the back left of the picture?

Top Bottom