So What Does Your Backyard Look Like Today?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Tried to meet up with a friend yesterday for dinner - had to turn back. Try again today (Widow of my college roommate - he passed away 3 years ago at age 51. We check up on her regularly).

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 375

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm jealous!! I know the snow can cause grief for some but I love it. ( That's my inner child in me !!:biggrin: ) Most of the UK ( except some northern parts ) haven't had any snow yet this winter but it has rained virtually nonstop. Everywhere is just like a quagmire. :frown::umbrella:

Argo13

Mark,

Very nice of you to stay in touch with her.

My daughter had the high school district speech league meet in Medina yesterday. Most of the 250 kids in this area made the tournament despite most high schools like hers cancelled their bus transportation. My wife took her, while I went to work, the normal 30 minute trip from Cuyahoga falls took over an hour. Both ways. They aren't salting the roads as normal due to a salt shortage. Luckily we are staying in today.

Hope the storm stops soon.

Jason

Mike Powell

I'm one of the guys that doesnt like the white stuff. Well not for long anyway. I lived in Utah for a 5 year stent and being I'm from south of Houston, I dont like the cold.

Snow is very pretty for a couple of hours, then the work begins. My first wife had a home daycare on base, and there were days that it wasnt worth shoveling (even though she had to) due to the fact that you couldnt keep up with the rate it was falling.

PTsideshow

North of his location, and 20 miles above Detroit.

2.5 yesterday and another 1/3 today as for January we are currently almost 30" above the normal for this month which is 24.5"

The snow is a pain in the seat cushion, but the cold temps and wind chill is a real pain!:rolleyes:Pile in the corner of fence and driveway is about 4'6" so far.:umbrella:
At these temps 9°F salt doesn't work well so they scrape it off till the temp rise, they do put the brine solution down at some major intersection but not all streets the cost don't ya know.
:clown:

Last edited:

ohiococonut

I'm about 1-1/2 hour directly south of Mark and we're still getting hammered. In a couple of hours I'll probably head out to use the snowblower.............again.

Yesterday we took a road trip down to Wheelersburg which is just East of Portsmith along the Ohio river and the 3 hour trip took well over 4 hours. We stayed off of the main roads, too many vehicles makes me uneasy.

I hate snow!

cpmech216

I am done with winter!! I just came in from plowing the driveway and will have to plow one more time today for sure. Will get up at 3am tomarrow to plow again before going to work. I HATE SNOW!!!!! Brian

Whaler

I took this about 30 minutes ago, 36* and foggy. We get very little snow and so far this year none, had one week of real cold (in the 20s) so far. Our house is about 5 miles south of the Srait of Juan de Fuca and in the driest spot in western Washington.

The distortion in the photo is from using a 10.5mm fish eye lens.

Home.jpg

Akula

This is a photo taken by Marc Mckeny. I don't have any I've taken on this computer. Got a lot of the boardwalk, the fireworks every Friday night in June. All the sailboats. Plenty of good fishing spots. For those who don't know the area, the Boardwalk is just on the other side of the bridge in the first photo

Attachments

• boardwalk.jpg
    boardwalk.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 192

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Sunny and about 70*. Sitting outside drinking a beer resting from laying tile in the kitchen.
However, we're under a winter storm watch for Tuesday and Wednesday. Predictions for more freezing rain, sleet and maybe snow.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Time 9 am

Temp now 19.5C (67.5F) heading for 35C (95F)

Forecast for tomorrow 40C (104F)

Total rainfall so far this month 7mm

Taken from in front of our lounge room looking north

I should have excluded Mates from Down Under...:wink:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is a photo taken by Marc Mckeny. I don't have any I've taken on this computer. Got a lot of the boardwalk, the fireworks every Friday night in June. All the sailboats. Plenty of good fishing spots. For those who don't know the area, the Boardwalk is just on the other side of the bridge in the first photo

NICE... I just plowed the last 4"...:frown:

Akula

Sunny and about 70*. Sitting outside drinking a beer resting from laying tile in the kitchen.
However, we're under a winter storm watch for Tuesday and Wednesday. Predictions for more freezing rain, sleet and maybe snow.

Smoked a good cigar this evening. Going to get another little cold spell...then right back into the 70's by Friday LOL It's Texas, you don't like the weather, stick around a few days, it will change again :)

Mason Kuettel

Smoked a good cigar this evening. Going to get another little cold spell...then right back into the 70's by Friday LOL It's Texas, you don't like the weather, stick around a few days, it will change again :)

A few DAYS...try hours! We hit 77 here today, supposed to be 30 by 9am. Looks like all the moisture is going to be down y'alls way, though!

PTsideshow

We had another 2.5" of new snow over night with drifting snow. :rolleyes: This is after the TV weather bimbo,said only a light dusting to a ½" overnight.
I guess since the weather people started naming these winter storms, like hurricanes it has gone to their heads.:wink:
:clown:

Gofer

The big surprise here was a week of sun and temps above freezing so the roads are all dry. Now old man winter decided to drop the temps to -18C to make up for it and is sending snow later this week.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
All of our districts are out of days by today, which is OK... except - last year they added days at the end of the year ..."at the discretion of parents..." The students could attend... or not! No penalty... No work done!

SO, parents could have the students attend added days If they wanted! And No work was actually done! (I have a degree in teaching and am ashamed at this!!!).

Grumble... I need to make saw dust!:frown:

Top Bottom