So close...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

How much tolerance is there for the diameters of bushings? I have been tracking bushing sizes for my own use and have been finding some size difference from source to source. Just a quick example: 19A for the Baron - I have found three sizes for the smaller end - .4820"/.4805"/.4785". Would this make that much of a difference when you put the kit together? If it does, how does one find the correct diameter? Do you have to measure every kit every time or should all Barons (for example) be the same size kitwise? Just curious, thanks for looking.:D

Randy_

Originally posted by rjwolfe3

How much tolerance is there for the diameters of bushings? I have been tracking bushing sizes for my own use and have been finding some size difference from source to source. Just a quick example: 19A for the Baron - I have found three sizes for the smaller end - .4820"/.4805"/.4785". Would this make that much of a difference when you put the kit together? If it does, how does one find the correct diameter? Do you have to measure every kit every time or should all Barons (for example) be the same size kitwise? Just curious, thanks for looking.:D

Barons or any other kit for that matter should all be the same size; but you know how that goes??
Manufacturing tolerances being what they are, there is going to be some variation.

As to your question about measuring every kit, the answer depends upon how well you want your kits to fit. Most folks can feel a step of 0.003" so a step of that size between your pen hardware and your blank would be detectable. Many pencrafters do, in fact, measure every kit with a vernier caliper rather than depending upon the bushings to set the blank diameter. Just your choice as to how much effort you want to put into getting a correct fit.

The size I have for the Baron bushing is 0.482". You could get away with the two larger bushings; but the 0.4785"

Top Bottom