snake assembly issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I had a couple snake blanks. One a cigar, one 7mm. The cigar didn't have the problem the 7mm had. When I installed the nib and the same thing happened even worse with the transmission, the snake skin became all milky. Perhaps the tube expansion caused the skin to seperate from the stuff it was cast in. The pen isn't loose, works just fine, but is milky where the transmission is and at the nib area where the nib pushed in. Is this normal and how could I prevent that from happening?

pipeyeti

Did the parts seem tight going in? It sounds like maybe the nib and tranny stretched the tube and the clear that was on it causing it to turn milky. Just a guess as I haven't done any snakes yet. But just a WAG.

rlharding

The water could have seeped in at the ends during wet sanding. My 1st one was fabulous after I turned it. A short time later I picked it up to assemble and both ends of each barrel were white. Put some thin CA at the ends of the barrels before you sand, or dry sand.

workinforwood

It definitely wasn't water seeeping in. I could see it changing color as I pressed in the parts. It only went milky where the parts are at, the rest of the pen looks fine. It has to be from the tightness of the fit. Apparently this only happened to me, so must chalk it up to bad luck I guess.

Top Bottom