Slow Speed Grinder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobostro61

Finally got my slow speed grinder from Woodcraft set up in the garage (with the Wolverine grinding kit). All I can say is WOW! I've been doing all my turning with Easy Wood Tools carbide tips. Sharpened up and tried out some of my "budget" Benjamin's Best turning tools today (Sorbey costs too much for me right now). Anyway, what a difference! Those tools went through the wood like warm butter once they were sharpened up. Glad I made the investment.

edstreet

I have always said that good sharpening will trump any gimmick you can find, even the easy wood tools. The problem is many does not know how to sharpen and once you learn that there is a whole new world that opens up.

Ed McDonnell

Glad you had good success with your new grinder. Did you get a wheel dresser as well? Periodically dressing the wheel will keep it grinding like new.

When you are ready to step up to a better grade of steel for your turning tools, you might consider investigating Thompson Lathe Tools. Don't get me wrong, Sorby makes a great tool. My favorite bowl gouge is a Sorby I bought when I first started turning. But after having tried Thompson Lathe Tools, I would pick them over any of the others.

Ed

Top Bottom