Sling shot number two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick P

Rick P

Lacewood and walnut alternating "Ergo" type sling shot......I am havin a blast with these!

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Rick,
Too cool. I like the design. Lets see how it well it works, I've got a squirrel poulation in the back yard that my Dobe would love to reduce.

Rick P

Are you carving these by hand? Great work, although I can't figure out how this one would be held.

Ya could but I am using a dremel, I have mine set up with the cable drive extension and it's like the rotary carvers I used in college just WAY less power. Believe it or not the dremel is actually a bit easier in some ways, slips are not as dangerous either.

I have to clear coat it tonight and band it but I will post pics of the test shooting it's easier to show you how to hold it then type it out....especially if your dyslexic in the first place.

Rick P

Thanks I will Bob!

Chris based on shooting my less powerful not as comfy traditional sling shot this is going to be stunningly accurate and powerful. With the old bands on my old school silgshot and steel shot I often split the metal of a tin can and the dent is about 75% through the inside of the can. Thats more than enough for most small game with a well placed shot and lead shot would hit much harder. I tried for a say 40 yard shot the other day so I lobbed it.........dang thing shot a LOT flatter than I expected! Not that I would ever expect to be accurate at that kind of distance. However I have very quickly gotten to about 90% at say 30 feet. Most small game thats easy stalking distance.

Top Bottom