Banksia nut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Odysseos

Odysseos

Hello guys. This is my first Banksia nut job.

Attachments

• Banksia_goblet.jpg
    Banksia_goblet.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Banksia_goblet_detail2.jpg
    Banksia_goblet_detail2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 255
  • Banksia_goblet_detail1.jpg
    Banksia_goblet_detail1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Odysseos

Looks good to me. I've never turned one of those. Looks like it would be fun. How hard is it?
Turning the Banksia is quite easy. Just must have sharp tools and take light cuts. Also, wear your face shield because there may be seeds inside the holes and them can be thrown off at high speed, causing serious injuries. Be careful when hollow the inside. That's all.

Odysseos

I really like that, well done.
Thanks for showing.
Only problem is it wont hold much, and a man might die of thirst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.

:laugh::laugh:

Bob, I think you know very well the Banksia since you live in Australia... do you have suggestions about it?

pensbydesign

that's nice must have great tool control to hollow that out thin.

love the look on people faces when they come to me with one of the pods in there hand and ask what it is telling the a bankia nut to which they ask where it comes from to which i reply a Australian donkey.......:)

robutacion

Nicely done, those things can grow quite enormous, unfortunately the 2 varieties I have , one is a miniature version of what you got there, the other a complete different pods, which I call the Hairy Banksia pod.

A nice trick to make them usable for Bob's thirst:wink::biggrin::biggrin: is to get a thin champagne type glass, cut the glass foot and cut the inner if the pod to a neat fit to the glass, finish it thin at the top to match the glass height and the pod won't leak, guaranteed...!!!:wink:

Cheers
George

Odysseos

A nice trick to make them usable for Bob's thirst:wink::biggrin::biggrin: is to get a thin champagne type glass, cut the glass foot and cut the inner if the pod to a neat fit to the glass, finish it thin at the top to match the glass height and the pod won't leak, guaranteed...!!!:wink:

Cheers
George

It seems to be a nice idea, George. I'll definitely try to achieve it...:wink:

Top Bottom