Slimline pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

Had and order for a special slimline pencil but I guess it is not my day.. 1st pencil the lead would not extend rrbuilt twice with same result, 2nd kit when pressing in the tip, it collapsed so just canceled the order. Is there a reliable pencil that will take a slimline clip?Never have a problem with stratus or vertex but I have probably had a half dozen slims that I was unable to get to work at all.

jcm71

What brand Slimlines are you using? I've had no problem with PSI Slimline pencils, save my first one, and that was my fault.

RICHCNRCW

Legacy Slimline Pencil Issue

I had a similar issue with the Legacy slimline pencil kits. Out of 10 kits. 1 kit the lead would not come out. 1 the whole click assembly came apart. 2 kits I crushed the front sleeve.

I discovered that you should modify a few of the steps in the assembly instructions.
http://www.thewoodturningstore.com/images/Legacy_Slimline_Pencil_Kit_Instructions.pdf

It says to install the front sleeve on the lower tube, and then the center band into the top of the lower tube. I modified these steps and installed the center band into the upper tube after I installed the clip and top sleeve, and then press the lower and upper pieces together. This puts less pressure on the front sleeve when assembling the pen.

Hope this helps,

Rich

EdGallop41

I had the same problem with a PSI Longwood, called, and they sent be a replacement. Works great now. I built a Slimline Pro Pen and Pencil set with Cocobolo today. It was at least the 10th pencil I've made and only one had a malfunction.

Top Bottom