Slimline pen...HELP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jpdriver01

Does anyone know how to assemble the slimline pens? The kit I bought does not come with instructions.

So far I have ruined three pressing it together. It seems to me that attaching the cap and the tip are easy. (Obviously not though since I've broke 3) My problem is bringing the two barrels together with the ink cartridge. The kit I have has a small ring between the two barrels that seems to attach to nothing. When I tried to put it altogether I end up with a broken cartridge. Any suggestions? Clearly I'm doing this wrong!!!

Attachments

• image-2770605333.jpg
    image-2770605333.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 248
  • image-1045731474.jpg
    image-1045731474.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

The video above (post # 2) is good, but some of the action is out of the picture.

Seems like you only missed pressing the transmission into the lower barrel.

• Once it is pressed in - brass end first and up to the line on the brass end, insert the refill and test to make sure it comes out the nib to the proper distance once twisted.
  • If it is not protruding enough, carefully press the transmission in a further 1/32" or so.
  • Recheck. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
  • If the refill protrudes too far then you'll have to disassemble the transmission and reinsert it.
  • Once satisfied, slip the center band over the refill and transmission then slip the cap end on.
Viola! One slimline ready for use.

Edit in: Looks like the post immediately above was posted while I was writing my reply. Apologies for the duplication.

Last edited:

Jpdriver01

Thank you for the video and instruction sheet! Very helpful!! I was putting the twist mechanism in the wrong spot. Oops!

The reddish pen is a junk blank of pine? Maple? Oak? And I turned it and then sanded it and then I dropped food coloring all over it and sealed it with CA glue. So it's just red food coloring.

Fay Prozora

I like the shape you did on the red pen. I got a free DVD on pen making from PSI. It is a 45 minute DVD and it covers every thing even how to assemble the pen. I can do it now with my eyes closed and I'm just getting started! My pens aren't perfect but they so far have turned out nice except for the 2nd one I made or tried to make. The wood broke when I got too close to the bushing so I saved it for some thing else . Maybe one of these days I can get the disassemble thing and take it apart and reuse the brass tubing. I saved the rest of that kit for further use. I would go get that free dvd,, it is great Fay

Top Bottom