Size of Euro???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Varinokid

I have a kit here that is supposely a Euro Satin Nickel finish. Am I correct that Euro use 7mm? This kit uses O drill bit size, and the tube fits perfectly with the kit. The twist mechicam isn't like a typical 7mm one. Does that mean this kit is actually like Classic American or something? (it came in package of Woodcraft - #142409)I really like the kit myself so I want to be able to complete this kit (as I've already cut & glued the tubes to blanks) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I believe you have a Berea round top Euro. Berea, CSUSA and PSI all make Euros based on a regular slimline and that use a Cross refill. Berea and PSI also make Euros that use a Parker refill and require an "O" drill bit. The PSI kit is a piece of cake to make. The Berea is EXTREMELY touchy about the length of the top tube. The pen looks and works great when done correctly, but it is not a great design.

avbill

I'm looking at a berea catalog and on page 19 European top pen in satin nickel uses a J drill bit and a bushing set 10A.

hope this helps
bill daniels

igran7

Gerry is right, you have the Parker style Euro. It uses the "o" bit, or an 8mm or 5/16" bit. It is a very nice kit, but more difficult to put together than the 7mm euro kit. Good Luck!

Top Bottom