silmar 41 Ordering?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Ok so we were gonna order a gallon of silmar 41 from U.S. Composits Inc. And it was arond 65. Well my wife found a site called Ill Street composites, for under 50 both is including shipping. Has anyone ordered from this ill street composites. Please Lets me know thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

wow I can't believe that they are going up so soon, dang, I just paid $50 for a gallon a couple months ago.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

sumterdad

let me clarify alittle the price for both sites include shipping. each site was about the same as far as actual price for material.

Phunky_2003

Ive ordered from Illstreet before, as a matter of fact, it is where I always order Silmar from. They have great customer service and quick shipping. I've ordered from them several times over the past couple years and never had any issues.

ZanderPommo

US composites used to be $50 a gallon shipped for me, I just ordered a 5 gallon bucket from illstreet and casted with it today and yesterday, same stuff, and I got all 5 gal shipped for $205 (including shipping and hazardous chemicals fee) I think its like 10-20 bucks more from uscomposites. great fast shipping from illstreet

Bobalu

Would any of the variances in total cost (product plus shipping) be due to to where each of these companies are located, and where you live in relationship to the supplier? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sumterdad

Not sure. Wife couldn't find a location I havn't looked yet. It could be. I was mainly wonder if it was safe to order from the other company or if there were any bad vibes with them.

Live2Dive

Wow. I was thinking about ordering from US Composites. I did find locally to me, Silmar 40 at $46/gal. With tax, it would still be cheaper than the Illstreet, and I could pick it up now. I've read through a few pages here, and cannot really find a difference between the two.

qballizhere

There is a difference between the two. Sil 40 is more brittle and cures at 250 deg. Sil 41 cures at 150 deg. I also can get sil 40 locally at $35 a gallon. Going to play with it and see.

Last edited:

Live2Dive

Wow, good to know qballizhere. When do you plan on playing around with it? I might wait to buy until you do to see if I should give it a go.

firewhatfire

Illstreet still has to charge hazmat fee on top of that price. I dealt with them and it took 2 1/2 weeks for them to ship mine over 3 to get it. you will eventually get it but US Composites is your best bet. Call them before you order and ask about the hazmat fee. it is 20 bucks or so. I bought the 5 gallon can and it was right at $200 after taxes and fees. it started at 135 I believe.

Bellsy

Illstreet still has to charge hazmat fee on top of that price. I dealt with them and it took 2 1/2 weeks for them to ship mine over 3 to get it. you will eventually get it but US Composites is your best bet. Call them before you order and ask about the hazmat fee. it is 20 bucks or so. I bought the 5 gallon can and it was right at $200 after taxes and fees. it started at 135 I believe.

US Composites does not ship to Canada, so that rules out that option for us up here in the Great White North.

Dave

Brooks803

I've been buying my PR from Illstreet for some time now. Mainly bc I can drive over and pick mine up and save approx $200 that I would have to shell out for shipping. They are nice people to deal with. After the hazmat costs Illstreet and UScomposites are about the same price. The shipping to Canada is the obvious choice for our northern friends though.

firewhatfire

Jonathon is correct. They are nice folks it just took them a while to mail me mine. I found them when I thought I was goig to be able to pick up mine while on a fishing trip.

Top Bottom