Sierra type twist mechanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

How can I increase the indent on the mechanism for a better grip on the clip end? Some times the grip is loose.
There is a white sleeve below the raised indent and am afraid I may damage that. Any tips please.
Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mkihne

I now wipe the mechanism with a clean, dry cloth as there seems to be a "lube" on the body of the mechanism. I used to use WD40 but had concern(but no proof) of drying out the mechanism(I like its smoothness of operation and did not want to change the feel).
I then use 220 grit paper around the piece that seats into the cap end. Also I lightly rub the small edge which seats into the cap with the paper all around the diameter with the paper moving parallel to the long axis of the mechanism....easy does it here..just raise small burrs around the rim without taking material off. Locktite could then be used but may make disassembly more difficult if needed.
Lastly, make sure your tube is not too long as mechanism will not seat deep enough if so. You might also trim a SMALL amount from you tube to allow deeper seating. On this kit the refill tip extension is not dependent on tube length(within reason).

Top Bottom