Sierra assembly Problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JWH

I am having a problem trying to get rid of the annoying clicking sound when I open the sierra pen. I've tried changing transmissions, I've tried shorting the springs, widening the springs, and I still can hear a pretty loud clicking sound when I twist the pen open. It just doesn't seem to open very smoothly-------any tips? Is this a flaw in the kit? I've make many of these and I always seem to run into the same problem. Thanks. (Kit is from craft supplies)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Never once have I noticed a loud clicking sound in a Sierra that wasn't a Sierra Click...

I've never used the CSUSA Sierra, however, and their price is much less than the Sierras I've been buying....perhaps it's the 'apprentice series' that has the loud click?

As I've never tried one myself, I can only speculate.

USAFVET98

It is the apprentice kits. I had the same problem. Just loosen the transmission and retighten it with a little extra pressure. That worked for me. Also, you could try and turn the spring around.. Let me know if this works..

Never once have I noticed a loud clicking sound in a Sierra that wasn't a Sierra Click...

I've never used the CSUSA Sierra, however, and their price is much less than the Sierras I've been buying....perhaps it's the 'apprentice series' that has the loud click?

As I've never tried one myself, I can only speculate.

JWH

Well, I tried tightening the transmission and turning the spring around and that didn't work. I opened three other kits with same problem. The fourth kits transmission worked fine. I think I might have to upgrade and spend a little more on a different kit but then I was thinking the transmissions are probably all same. Anyway thanks for the feedback

Top Bottom